Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-21-2005, 01:40 AM

Default too much action?

UTG+1 is 23/13/1.5 after 85 hands
MP1 is 42/17/.8 after 24 hands

Party Poker 10.00/20.00 Hold'em <font color="#0000FF">(9 handed)</font> link

Preflop: Hero is Button with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: (13.50 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 caps</font>, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: (12.75 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, hero...
Old 10-21-2005, 01:45 AM

Default Re: too much action?

MP1 flopped a set of kings I'd wager. That call-cap line on the flop is super-suspicious.
Old 10-21-2005, 01:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
MP1 flopped a set of kings I'd wager. That call-cap line on the flop is super-suspicious.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, the call-cap really worried me, whats the best line from here?
Old 10-21-2005, 01:51 AM

I think this is a tough spot because when he leads the turn I think UTg has a set or atleast is tied with us. Mp could be going crazy with a flush draw or something else as he is very laggy but he could easly have you beat also. I have a tough time not going to showdown here but can be convinced that this is a fold.
Old 10-21-2005, 01:51 AM

I think the very best you can possibly hope for here is at least a two-way chop. More often you're way, way behind to a set or even straight by at least one of them; MP1 sure played the flop like he hit something huge. And neither one of them seems abnormally aggressive, albeit over fairly small samples.

EDIT: I forgot...Hero folds for 2 bets on the turn.
Old 10-21-2005, 01:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, the call-cap really worried me, whats the best line from here?

[/ QUOTE ]

I try to call down if the 3rd player will let me, but he may not. Honestly the way the action has gone, you may be up against the case kings AND the case aces. I'm probably not good enough to make this fold, even trapped and capped on the turn and river.

I pray the river is an ace.
Old 10-21-2005, 01:55 AM

i left this out of the OP because i thought it would be a more interesting question without it, but does it change anything if MP1 has only 2 BBs left?
Old 10-21-2005, 01:57 AM

Oh, hell yeah it does. When players get close to the felt, they may mentally get it all in preflop and just ram it. Now there's REALLY no way I can fold.
Old 10-21-2005, 02:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i left this out of the OP because i thought it would be a more interesting question without it, but does it change anything if MP1 has only 2 BBs left?

[/ QUOTE ]

If he's almost all in, I'm not folding. That changes a lot...both because this means you won't be calling 2 cold every time the action's on you, and because he could have just decided to go all in with whatever his hand is (and UTG+1 could have decided to isolate on him at all costs).

If MP1 is down to 2 BBs after the turn raise, that broadens both of their ranges considerably, at least to the point where I can hope that we're chopping MP1's stack with UTG+1.
Old 10-21-2005, 06:27 AM

This is a very tough spot. Looking at the betting, my best guess is that you are up against a set of Kings. Less likely is bottom set since I don't think that a middle pocket pair would be played so agressively pre-flop. QJ for Broadway is even less likely for the same reason. Either way, you probably have to catch a King (if one is still out) or an Ace on the river. Depending on your opponent's cards, you have between 2 and 4 outs. I would flat call the turn and fold on the river unless I made a boat