Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-05-2005, 03:13 PM

Default How low do you go?

You are playing in a B&M 10/20 or 15/30 game and you are in the Hijack with the two tightest players in the game to your left one good and the other weak. The good one is on the button the other in the sb and the bb is a monkey. There is a single limper who is the biggest fish on the table for onliners something like 60/5/.5. What is the bottom of your raising standards? Does it change if you are on the button and are their any hands with which you overlimp? What about 2 limpers both poor playing the other not quite as bad?
Old 09-05-2005, 04:19 PM

Default Re: How low do you go?

In the scenario you laid out, any hand that I want to play from that position, I am bringing in for a raise. Exactly what that range is depends a bit on my current table image (if I'm viewed as very tight & straightforward, it could be almost any two), but in general it would be:

Any pocket pair
Any two ten or higher
Any suited ace
Any ace A7+
Any suited King K8+
Any suited connector 89+
Any suited 1-gapper 97+
Any suited 2-gapper T7+

If there are two limpers, it changes considerably because there are now quite a few hands that I'd consider overlimping with. In that situation (and assuming both limpers are loose/passives), I'm usually raising with:

AA-88
Any 2 suited ten or higher
Any suited ace A9+
AK-AT
KQo
KJo

And overlimping with most of the remaining hands I'd raise with vs. 1 limper.
Old 09-05-2005, 04:56 PM

Default Re: How low do you go?

I was constantly isolating so my image was a little laggy. Alright I was just checking to see if I was being a little loose raising with QJ off or A8 off and 9Ts. He was all most always getting to the river so I was wondering if raising the suited connectors and weaker broadway hands had much value as opposed to overlimping but I really want the guy behind me out of the pot I did overlimp on the button with 89s. I feel bettor now. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]