Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-31-2005, 09:31 PM

Default 10/20 UB, JJ good fold?

villian is 14/5 not many hands

Ultimate Bet 10/20 Hold'em (8 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 caps</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (9.50 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
MP1 checks, Hero checks.

Turn: (4.75 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 5.75 BB

villian capped pf. his range is AA,KK,QQ,JJ, maybe even 1010 but not likely. his flop check very suspucious. maybe his holding JJ or 1010 and is skuured of the Q or K so he checks flop, but not likely. most likely im beat. good fold? at best im calling for a split with JJ.
Old 08-31-2005, 09:40 PM

Default Re: 10/20 UB, JJ good fold?

When he checks that flop, is there any chance he's planning to fold? If there is, you have to bet and fold to a raise, because you're getting great odds. I tend to believe this is a tricky, "I hit a set" flop check, and tend to take my free chance to improve to maybe the best hand. Your line is not bad at all.
Old 08-31-2005, 10:13 PM

Against a 14/5 who capped preflop, I have to think you played this one flawlessly. I really like checking through the flop...this looks like a classic slowplay of a flopped set by your opponent, but the KQ does give you a potential redraw to win. Take the free card &amp; see if that backdoor develops.
Old 09-01-2005, 01:06 AM

I'm not offering advice here, because I'm not a limit player, but I have two questions. First, what is a 14/5? Also, wouldn't it have been better to bet the flop to see where you stand? Maybe he only had tens, therefore checked because he was scared of the overcards and took a shot at the turn because he felt that the hero was afraid of the overcards as well and decided to represent that. I just think that it would be worth a small bet to know for sure he's beat. The hand might've gone "hero bets the turn, villian calls" then check check on the turn giving the hero another chance to outdraw if in fact the villian has him beat with something like AK or AQ. If it were me, and I flopped a set in limit, I would try to get extra money on the flop as I feel that if I do have the best hand, my opponent is not going to call a big bet if he's beat, but will call a small bet to try to outdraw me. Just a thought, I really want to see what those who know limit better than I do think.
Old 09-01-2005, 01:11 AM

I think he is folding the flop more than 1 in 10 times therefore I like a flop bet/fold.