Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-02-2005, 11:25 AM

Default Re: Who the [censored] is John Bond?

do you really play bad or does roy just give you a lot of [censored] becuase you're friends? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-02-2005, 05:48 PM

Are you the guy from Florida? IIRC, you are/were a pretty crappy poker player. Atleast according to Cookes' articles in CP, 3,4,5 years ago (dont remember exactly).
Old 05-02-2005, 06:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
do you really play bad or does roy just give you a lot of [censored] becuase you're friends? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

The answer to both questions is yes (and to Beer's question too.)

Mr. Cooke does have a tendency to expound upon my worst plays, not my best. And of course since I have some input on every column I see it before it goes, and it's all fine with me. It's not the only spot in life where I'm the anti-role model [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I've been playing in public cardrooms since about the mid-80s. I've been keeping detailed records since late 92.

From 10/1/92 - 12/31/04, I made $11 an hr playing $10-$20 through $40-$80, exclusive of tournaments. I'm stuck about $10k on tournament buy-ins for life, live and internet. My best year (including a three month great run in the $40-$80 at Hollywood Park) was +$60k. My worst (almost exclusively on Planet Poker shorthanded $20-$40)was - $45k. As I was assuredly stuck before I started keeping records, it's pretty likely I'm close to break-even for life. Fortunatley at several points in my life I've owned a piece of the rake -- and if you include that then I'm definitely front [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

RC said if I'd gone to work at McDOnald's and maybe made assistant manager I'd have gotten a much better return on my time. He's a dickhead but he's right. As usual.

Considering I'm a pretty smart fella, I've got 20 years experience and am aided by one of the world's best coaches you'd think I'd do a little better. Still,I'm happy to be among the small percentage of winners, albeit very, very, very small winners!

But I can write!

There will be a new slightly modified edition of RPII: The Play of Hands out later this year from ConJelCo.

Best,

jb

PS I'm stuck $2365 in $215 sit n go's on Party today -- 11 consecutive 4ths I swear!
Old 05-03-2005, 04:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't know, but his name is on the cover of Cooke's book, and that's a damn good book.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
real poker II is a very good book, i highly recommend it.

[/ QUOTE ]

See this post on the Books forum for more info on this book.

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...14&fpart=1

Best,

jb
Old 05-03-2005, 05:12 PM

Old 05-04-2005, 06:27 AM

This link doesn't lead to any post. Please check it or something. I'd like to know more about the book especially from one of the writers. That's pretty cool.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't know, but his name is on the cover of Cooke's book, and that's a damn good book.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Best,

jb

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 05-04-2005, 11:11 AM

Hi Horse:

Our moderator deleted this post. It violated our rules on advertising in the posts.

Best wishes,
Mason
Old 05-04-2005, 11:24 AM

....and one more interesting, informative, and entertaining contributor to this forum is out the door. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 05-04-2005, 11:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This link doesn't lead to any post. Please check it or something. I'd like to know more about the book especially from one of the writers. That's pretty cool.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Best,

jb

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Hi Horse:

Our moderator deleted this post. It violated our rules on advertising in the posts.

Best wishes,
Mason

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL

The post answered a question that had been posited numerous times on 2+2 about the difference between Roy's two books, because there is some overlap of content.

Roy's two OUT OF PRINT books, which you can only get second hand or get remainderd seconds from ConJelCo.

Pretty hard to advertise stuff you can't buy (although RPII will be re-released in a second edition in the fall.)

I have written before that Roy and Mason once had a falling out. Although I can't look into Mason's mind (and I wouldn't want to -- definitely the stuff of horror movies) I'd guess his dislike of RC probably had more to do with the removal than 2+2 policy.

But it is Mason's board and he is certainly free to remove whatever he wishes for whatever reasons he wishes. He doesnt' need to justify himself, and is probably better off if he doesn't try, beceause he makes some pretty tortured convultions of logic when he does.

You can find the post at www.rpgpoker.com. Just do a search for Roy Cooke and it will come up in the past few days.

Decide for yourself if its content is advertising.

Best,

jb
Old 05-04-2005, 12:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Best wishes,
Mason

[/ QUOTE ]

Respectfully, that was a poor decision by your moderator and I urge you/him/her to reconsider. I read the post before it was deleted and it simply explained the difference between RP I and RP II (a very common question, BTW) and noted that RC will be coming out with two more books in the near future. It was not a solicitation in any sense of the word. If the upcoming book announcement was considered "too commercial" for posting here, the wiser course of action would have been to delete that section only.

I'll give everyone the benefit the doubt and assume that the post was deleted in an overzealous attempt to protect us from SPAM (a goal I support) rather than as a result of a feud between 2+2 and RC.

Take a fresh look at John's post in the clear light of day. Re-posting it would make a positive statement about 2+2, don't you think?