Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-14-2005, 10:51 PM

Default holy crap! it worked!

Thought I was a goner early on, but I guess you gotta just have faith.

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO folds, Button folds, SB calls, BB folds, UTG calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: (9 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB folds, UTG calls, MP1 folds.

Turn: (5.50 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls.

River: (7.50 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG folds.

Final Pot: 8.50 BB
Old 01-14-2005, 10:54 PM

Default Re: holy crap! it worked!

Q5s

should of fold on the preflop
Old 01-14-2005, 10:55 PM

I Disagree
Old 01-14-2005, 10:55 PM

i think he's harking on the fact that it's granny mae, Q5 spades. other than that, yea, easy fold.
Old 01-14-2005, 10:56 PM

It's a joke hand. I mean, he actually played it, but there's an inside joke associated with Q5s.
Old 01-14-2005, 11:08 PM

Well, nothing is as good as 96s, big lick. I'll cap with that one.
Old 01-15-2005, 01:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, notice how the old hand passes it off as a "joke". Obviously trying to keep the secret for himself and his buddies. Any other newbies out there, pay attention now.

This was the first time I was dealt this since reading a good post here a week or two ago - a post I obviously wasn't meant to see, since I just tried to find it in search and I can't find it (obviously the moderator is in deep with the cover-up crew). But there are a number of other examples, like

So, yeah, all the pros will post here about how you gotta work hard and study and learn how KJs in MP2 gets played different if you have 2 limpers versus 3 - when the true secret to winning poker lies in a few secret hands like the Grannie Mae.

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay, I am completely baffled now. If this was a joke, I don't think it was very funny. You completely wasted my time. Time I will never get back. Its gone forever now, thanks to you.

Granny runs the show here. If she gets a hand named after her for winning in some situation, then whatever. I didn't waste my time following your link, but I think I know what its about. Even if this is the exact hand she played and she got kudos up the skirt for it, who cares? You have no business doing this, unless it was April 1st, of course.

If this was not meant as a "joke" then I apologize.

Onaflag.............
Old 01-15-2005, 02:10 AM

LOL, sorry Onaflag - I didn't even see your post when I posted, note the times. I ought to ridicule you for having no sense of humor, especially with that "time I'll never get back" line, but you seem a nice enough guy. Yes this is a joke, kind of. But there really is a hand called a Granny Mae, and in fact I think our Granny is named after the hand, not vice versa. At least, the Q5 sp is called that outside of 2+2.

So, you see, it's not a total waste of your time. Now, if you 're playing with Greg Raymer and he induces you to fold and you ask him what he had, and he says a Grannie Mae, you'll know what he's talking about. And people do occasionally play the hand, so you ought to want to know about that.

In this case, I happened to be on a very timid table where people were folding to nearly every pre-flop raise I made, so I started once per orbit raising crap I would normally fold. I did try to make it something that had at least a chance of winning, usually either ace-rag or a suited face card. So I was in that mode when I got dealt this and with the recent posts on GM I knew what it was, so I figured I'd play it for my sacrifice. This was the 3rd trash hand I raised preflop, the other two won their 75c but this one happened to get called, so I wanted to take it to the river where people could see it. Nobody was more surprised than me when it won.

But, kids, for ona's sake - don't try this at home.
Old 01-15-2005, 04:33 AM

[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Actually, it is kinda funny. That was just my serious side talking. Forgot to take my medication. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] I was duped and embarrassed. I admit.

Onaflag............