Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-10-2005, 11:59 AM

Default Trip Report - TOC Final Table

Hopefully I'll have time for a more comprehensive report later, but here is an email I sent to a friend (he wanted to know which hands I thought would make TV).....

n 11/9/05, Brandon Adams <badams2525@gmail.com> wrote:

1. all-in pre with aa against qq (hoyt. terrible call after two all-ins) and 99 (aaron bartley). this was a 150k pot (biggest of tourney to that point). bust here 35%.
2. hand with chan. knocked him out with kk vs 88. not an interesting hand but will be shown b/c it's chan. it's kind of entertaining b/c the board came 10hJh4hQh, giving both of us a flush. chan had a straight flush draw but i had a higher one.
2. hand with doyle. i raise with AA. doyle calls from bb. board comes AT7 two hearts. check check. turn is 2 no heart. check check. river is 5 no heart. doyle bets pot, i go all-in. he says "i couldn't call 500" (he's left with only 4000).
3. knockout hand with doyle. fairly interesting three-way hand. looking forward to seeing this on tv.
grant opens, i call on button with jj, doyle calls all-in (very close to fully calling raise) with A3. flop is king 3 grant checks, i bet one-third of pot, grant folds, my jj holds up.
4. first hand of final table. tony bloom raises to 9k early with X( i think AA, not sure), i re-raise to 27k from bb with QQ, he pushes for 75k more, i fold. knowing what i know now about bloom (tight), i'd just call in blind with QQ.
5. hand with hoyt. i'm interested to see how it looks on tv. watching him, i had a strong intuition that he had a hand. he has a tell --- takes longer to act when he has a marginal hand. i picked-up six 5k chips, then went back to my stack and picked-up a seventh one, and splashed them into the pot. he pushed in part b/c of this and in part b/c matusow had described me as a complete maniac that he had lost "$800,000" to online (def not true but he did lose 40k to me heads up 2 weeks ago).
the flop was a thing of beauty -- 4-6-7. there was a strong internal burn when the queen hit on the turn but there prob wasn't a visible reaction. it really was a somewhat surreal moment. if i win the hand, i'm chipleader at 270k b/c phil had lost some of his chips.
6. double up with 55 vs danneman with Ak
7. bustout vs matusow with qj (short-stack push from cutoff) vs 88.

i tried to brood a bit after the tourney, but my friends just made me drink and eventually i was ok.

Brandon
Old 11-10-2005, 12:20 PM

Default Re: Trip Report - TOC Final Table

[ QUOTE ]

5. hand with hoyt. i'm interested to see how it looks on tv. watching him, i had a strong intuition that he had a hand. he has a tell --- takes longer to act when he has a marginal hand. i picked-up six 5k chips, then went back to my stack and picked-up a seventh one, and splashed them into the pot. he pushed in part b/c of this and in part b/c matusow had described me as a complete maniac that he had lost "$800,000" to online (def not true but he did lose 40k to me heads up 2 weeks ago).
the flop was a thing of beauty -- 4-6-7. there was a strong internal burn when the queen hit on the turn but there prob wasn't a visible reaction. it really was a somewhat surreal moment. if i win the hand, i'm chipleader at 270k b/c phil had lost some of his chips.

[/ QUOTE ]

What were the 2 hands here?
Old 11-10-2005, 12:38 PM

OP had AA, Corkins had QQ, spikes Q on turn.
Old 11-10-2005, 01:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]

flop is king 3 grant checks, i bet one-third of pot, grant folds, my jj holds up.

[/ QUOTE ]
What game were you guys playing? I play Texas Hold'em which usually has three cards on the flop.
Old 11-10-2005, 01:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

flop is king 3 grant checks, i bet one-third of pot, grant folds, my jj holds up.

[/ QUOTE ]
What game were you guys playing? I play Texas Hold'em which usually has three cards on the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Jesus, it was obviously a typo. Did this really warrant a reply?
Old 11-10-2005, 02:00 PM

Would care to make any comments on the behaviour of Mike Matasow and Phil Hellmuth? I would be interested in hearing a player's opinion.
Old 11-10-2005, 03:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]

i tried to brood a bit after the tourney, but my friends just made me drink and eventually i was ok.

Brandon

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah, how great it is to have awesome friends. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 11-10-2005, 03:20 PM

liked them both.

i thought they would try to needle me b/c i was third in chips and hadn't played in front of the cameras before, but both of them were very nice. matusow and i have played a lot online and were friendly before the final table. his "A" game is world class --- no one questions that.