Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-14-2005, 02:09 AM

Default Re: party 15/30 river line

easy bet and call of a raise.
Old 08-14-2005, 02:42 AM

3-bet preflop.

Tony
Old 08-14-2005, 12:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think that most people familiar with the 15/30 game on party would agree with me that even if utg+2 doesn't bet, I can expect this flop to bet at least 90% of the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

But if you bet this flop, it gets bet 100% of the time. I would say 90% is way too high for a 6 handed flop. Remember there was a raise and 4 cold callers, just because the 4 cold callers are in the pot doesn't mean they will bet if the pre flop raiser doesn't bet. Again, even some of the most aggressive players won't bet AK or AQ against 5 others. agressive does not necessarily mean foolish. This flop is bet 60% of the time at best if you check it.

Even if you were 100% sure you could get a checkraise in, a bet may lead to a raise and a 3 bet. A checkraise also defines your hand to other players as a set or 2 pair (most likely a set given the board) better than an unassuming bet from early position does. If the preflop raiser has an overpair and bets it, you checkraise, he may not 3 bet. But if you bet into his overpair, he will definitely raise and you can 3 bet.

It seems to me you must bet this flop for value. It doesn't even appear to be close.
Old 08-14-2005, 12:13 PM

Sucks that your flop check-raise didnt pan-out. I think I like just betting out on the turn here hoping to get raised so I can 3-bet. On the river you've gotta bet and pay off any raise that comes back to you, need be.

Mike Emery
Old 08-14-2005, 12:29 PM

I figured since there was no flop bet there must be a few aces out, somebody is gonna bet the A with 4 players left to act behind me.

I agree with just leading flops with sets in big pots often, but what I don't like here is that an aggressive pf raiser is immediately to my left. If I bet I am likely to get raised knocking out people. It would be silly for me to use the pf raiser to knock out people, I should be using his aggressive behaviour to suck people in. In the long run with an aggressive utg+2 the check-raise is gonna be a much bigger pot builder cause I can regularly get 5 people in for at least 2 bets, as opposed to bet-raise-3-bet which could get me down to heads up or maybe 3-handed if I'm lucky.
Old 08-14-2005, 12:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i bet the river, and if raised, i 3-bet it..

[/ QUOTE ]

3 betting this river is awful, the only possible raising hand that you beat is AQ, and UTG+2 is only likely candidate to have it. He's not going to raise the flush river with 2 other turn callers behind him. They're not going to raise without a flush. I bet out and if raised either fold or make the crying call.
Old 08-14-2005, 12:53 PM

I think going for a turn check raise is not good here. No matter what you should put in the last bet in on the flop and lead the turn.

UTG+2 has either overs or a big pair here, if you bet out and he raises he may check behind another baby card on the turn. So you need to lead it. Also if he hits he'll raise and you can 3 bet. Either way you get more bets in.

FWIW I like the flop check-raise. In my experience in the 15/30 this flop will be bet often enough to make it pay off. The pot will be so large that opponents will also call your turn bet with only a single pair, not knowing they are dead.

nh monkey. How did you play the river in the heat of the moment?
Old 08-15-2005, 02:52 PM

Default Re: party 15/30 river line (Results)

I was scared and possibly baised by the fact that I'd been on a bad run of getting rivered, so I checked and it checked around. My opponents had AJo, ATo, AJo. Presumably they'd all have called my river bet :-(