Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-08-2005, 10:11 PM

Default 10/20, 2 3-handed hands

Two hands Im definitly not sure about. Villian seems okay-ish, but still kind of a donk, but can and will be aggressive with a made hand. Hand 2 I put him on a draw or a six...I dont know, basically betting turn and river on 5:2 odds.

10/20 (3handed)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
Button calls, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, SB calls.

Flop: T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button folds, SB calls.

Turn: 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks.

River: (4 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero Folds.

Hand 2:Same Villian here.

(3handed)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls.

Flop: 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

River: A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds.
Old 12-08-2005, 10:18 PM

Default Re: 10/20, 2 3-handed hands

I don't like either. In hand 1 if you're gonna check the turn you gotta call that river. There's just too many draws or random hands he could be bluffing. I like the turn check if you fear a semibluff/bluff turn checkraise and/or think you will induce a river bluff at a very high frequency. Otherwise I would bet/fold turn.

Hand 2 when he checks the turn he is either going for a checkraise, has a hand that he wants to go to showdown with cheaply, or is giving up. I think the first 2 categories are a lot more likely than the second, so I think you should check and hope to pair on the river. I don't hate your turn bet if you think the 3rd category is likely.

I do hate the river bet, however. Usually when he check/calls that turn it means he's showing down his hand. He's not folding a pair and if he does fold, it usually means you had the best hand anyway with jack high.
Old 12-08-2005, 10:18 PM

you botched hand 1. you gotta at least bet the turn or call the river. there are too many gutshots and draws on that board and villain will often be checkraising a pair or trips. if im worried about a checkraise bluff which i usually wouldnt be im betting the turn, otherwise like i said call the river.

in hand 2 if you put villain on a draw or a 6 then the turn bet is bad. hes not folding a 6 and hes not folding his draw. good river bet.
Old 12-08-2005, 10:19 PM

I like hand 2, but I don't see any reason to think you're not ahead in hand 1. I would call there almost all the time.
Old 12-08-2005, 10:22 PM

why do you like the river bet in hand 2? I don't think a spade draw is particularly likely. Usually donks follow up on the turn or bluffdonk that river ace. Even if villain does have a flush draw, hero only wants to fold a Q-high flush draw, a splitting J-high flush draw, or a winning J high flush draw (J9-JQ). It's also not inconceivable that he calls a bet with Q high.
Old 12-08-2005, 10:27 PM

after he bets the turn and villain calls he probably has a 6 or a draw. alot of players are going to fold their six after the river hits an ace. if oreogod had checked the turn things would be different.
Old 12-08-2005, 10:28 PM

I dont agree with you that a lot would fold a 6
Old 12-08-2005, 10:32 PM

I think the small-medium chance they may fold a 6 and the very high chance they fold a missed draw makes a river bet awesome.
Old 12-08-2005, 10:59 PM

We beat almost all missed draws and nobody folds a 6 here ever in the 10/20. The river bet is no good.

-Mike
Old 12-09-2005, 12:15 PM

1: I Bet/Fold Turn and Call if bet into on river. This I'm fairly confident about

2: I often fold the turn here IF I think my opponent would 3-bet a raise with flush draw. That would simply make this a mess I don't want to get into. On the other hand, if I do not believe he would make such a 3-bet, I raise and then call if he makes a 3-bet afterall.

On the turn if the flop wasn't 3-bet: I continue my aggression and bet on any card that falls. I fold to any further action on the turn unless a club comes (then I call to see the river and probably fold if I don't hit the flush).

On the turn if the flop is 3-bet:
a)If a spade comes I fold on any further bets as I doubt he would have really put in the extra flop bet on just a pair of 6's.
b)If a J or 7 comes thats not a spade I bet or raise a bet and fold to any further turn action. Then I would call/bet the river if things don't get worse.
c)If a club comes I will call/check and on the river bet or raise any club and Bet or call a Jack or 7 that's not a spade.

I believe I've covered most possibilities there. There's perhaps some exceptions. Is my take on hand two horribly wrong here?

Basically I'm a total LAG 3-handed if some conditions are met. Let me know if I've gone to far here.