Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-11-2005, 11:54 PM

Default Moving to 3/6

I've been playing mostly 2/4 for the last month and doing fairly well at it. Not amazing, but still pretty good. I am starting to take shots at 3/6 now, and am looking to make the full jump up pretty soon. I know I don't have a whole lot of hands at 2/4, but I feel very comfortable there, and I am more than bankrolled for 3/6, so I'm trying it out.

Just thought I would post my PT stats from 2/4, and see if anyone could spot some holes that need to be patched up for play at 3/6. Also, what should I look for in terms of difference between the two games? I know table selection at 3/6 will be far more important than at 2/4. Also, I know I should be much tighter from the SB due to it only being 1/3 as opposed to 1/2.

The 400 hands of 3/6 there are just as a totally contentless brag, so just ignore them.
Old 05-21-2005, 10:54 AM

Default Re: Moving to 3/6

Your PFR is way too low, other than that it seems fine. My PFR at 2/4 is ~11% and increasing. I would like to see some positional stats. I rarely see them in stats post but IMO they're really important.

I think if you're feeling ready you should take a shot at 3/6. I'm sure you'll do well.
Good luck!
Old 05-21-2005, 12:20 PM

From what I can see from your small 3/6 sample size, you seem to be adjusting well. Your PFR jumped up to around where mine is, your VPIP is good, and you're stealing more. Good luck.
Old 05-21-2005, 12:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
From what I can see from your small 3/6 sample size, you seem to be adjusting well. Your PFR jumped up to around where mine is, your VPIP is good, and you're stealing more. Good luck.

[/ QUOTE ]
Actually you can't see anything by looking at 400 hands. Not even vpip or PFR. He's been running hot, that's it.

But as you suggest, these numbers are getting close to what they should be.
Old 05-21-2005, 12:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Actually you can't see anything by looking at 400 hands. Not even vpip or PFR. He's been running hot, that's it.

But as you suggest, these numbers are getting close to what they should be.

[/ QUOTE ]
You're right, I should rephrase. You caught the jist of what I was saying though.
Old 05-21-2005, 12:33 PM

Does nobody else see the problem that his winrate is only 1.88BB/100. I don't particularly like moving up in limits when you are just barely beating your current limit. Of course it could work very well and my expectations for winrate might be too high. I would however like to see a winrate of at least 2.0 before moving up especially if he is plaing at Party or another fish farm.
Old 05-21-2005, 12:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Does nobody else see the problem that his winrate is only 1.88BB/100. I don't particularly like moving up in limits when you are just barely beating your current limit. Of course it could work very well and my expectations for winrate might be too high. I would however like to see a winrate of at least 2.0 before moving up especially if he is plaing at Party or another fish farm.

[/ QUOTE ]
A WR of 1.9 is good. My WR when 6-tabling 2/4 party is about 2 BB/100 and I'm quite pleased, but of course I work on improving it.

If he feel comfortable playing 2/4 and have the BR for 3/6 I can't see a reason to not take a shot. What bothers me about is stats is not his WR, but his PFR. And using the equation for true WR we would probably get to know his true WR would be between -0.5 and 4.5 BB/100 hands with a ~90% accuracy. This sample is not enough to judge a true WR, but enough for seeing a problem in his preflop play.
Old 05-21-2005, 01:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

sample size
Old 05-21-2005, 01:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

sample size

[/ QUOTE ]
And regardless 1.88BB/100 is better than "barely" beating a limit.