Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 12-20-2005, 01:08 PM

Default Preparing for a police chase

We have all watched hundreds of car chases on TV, and most of them end in the same pathetic way with a guy getting arrested. If you had a chance to prepare, what items would you get and what strategies would you use to maximize your chances of getting away.
Old 12-20-2005, 01:16 PM

Default Re: Preparing for a police chase

an RPG to take out helicopters, a huge fuel tank with bullet proof glass protecting it, Run Flat tires, and a set of big balls.

oh ya, and fake plates
Old 12-20-2005, 01:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
an RPG to take out helicopters, a huge fuel tank with bullet proof glass protecting it, Run Flat tires, and a set of big balls.

oh ya, and fake plates

[/ QUOTE ]

this, and cheeseburgers in case I get hungry. preferably with bacon.
Old 12-20-2005, 01:19 PM

You just need an rpg or some other hand-held missile and you blow up the first cop car....then you are home free as there won't be a chase. Once there are ten cars and a chopper after you, I don't see any way that that u can get away unless you have fake plates, a really fast car and a gazillion tunnels.
Old 12-20-2005, 01:21 PM

I'm not sure that taking out helicopters is a good idea, once you get to that point they're really going to break out the heavy artilery. I think you have to find another way to negate the helicopters. I watched a police chase once a couple years ago where a guy got away by driving into a parking garage that was attached to a large mall. He had enough seperation from the cop cars that he was able to walk in to the mall and blend in, presumably walking out another exit.
Old 12-20-2005, 01:22 PM

First you'll need a car for run blocker...a speedy car.

Old 12-20-2005, 01:23 PM

A house with a predug escape tunnel leading to another car.

Figure if you can make the house and barricade yourself in, they'll spend at least an hour before they come in and get you. Meanwhile, you've made it down the tunnel to some other location or even the sewer system, where you can pick up your awaiting vehicle with fake ID and credit cards and cash.

I figure the reason most of these guys get caught is poor planning.
Old 12-20-2005, 01:23 PM

a pair of tennis shoes.

If I was ever involved in a police chase, youd never see it, because if I was going to flee, id pull the car over and bolt on foot the first chance I got. Once they get the hellicopter on you, you are [censored]. Youve got a waaaaay better chance of getting away on foot. I can out run any beat cop on the force, so its just a matter getting free before they can co-ordinate with other cops.
Old 12-20-2005, 01:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not sure that taking out helicopters is a good idea, once you get to that point they're really going to break out the heavy artilery. I think you have to find another way to negate the helicopters. I watched a police chase once a couple years ago where a guy got away by driving into a parking garage that was attached to a large mall. He had enough seperation from the cop cars that he was able to walk in to the mall and blend in, presumably walking out another exit.

[/ QUOTE ]

true true, i guess i was hoping that after i blow up the helicopter I could get away fast enough so they wouldn't bomb me with F-16's.

The parking garage is a good idea, but risky because if it doesn't work you are basically headed for 'federal, pound me in the ass' prison.
Old 12-20-2005, 01:30 PM

I would get a blow doll that looked real or a manican because they never ram the car if they think you have a hostage.