Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-25-2005, 04:55 AM

Default Not Good At Grinding.

I have a bonus that I need to complete in one week at empire poker. It involves playing 5300 raked hands. I can logically deduce then, that I need at least 5 hours of poker a day.

the problem is, that unless Im playing an MTT, I cant sit at the computer for longer than an hour, I feel my concentration starting to slip. Is this normal?

Up to now, after that hour, I usually leave the tables, hit up the forum, and relax. But the problem is, it takes me forever to get back into my rythm.

How can I make myself get over this? It's really hurting my ability to get this bonus.
Old 10-25-2005, 08:34 AM

Default Re: Not Good At Grinding.

If it will make you play worse, then the bonus itself isn't worth it.

On a side note, this Empire bonus isn't worth it anyway
Old 10-25-2005, 11:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If it will make you play worse, then the bonus itself isn't worth it.

On a side note, this Empire bonus isn't worth it anyway

[/ QUOTE ]

How I wish I had not done this bonus.....2400 hands to go and I need the bonus and some serious cards to be back up !!
Old 10-25-2005, 11:28 AM

If you can only play for one hour, then multitabling will definately help you clear this bonus. The more tables the better. Hm just ran some simple calculations and even 4-tabling (assume approx 60 hands/hr per table) would take you 22 hours to complete.
Old 10-25-2005, 11:40 AM

Those Empire Bonuses are BS. 10 raked hands for every dollar and in less than 10 days
Old 10-25-2005, 03:24 PM

yeah, I wish I had known this going into it. I have to clear over 5000 more hands by the 30th, and the only way I think I can manage is 4-tabling 6max.

yeeeeehaw
Old 10-25-2005, 06:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have a bonus that I need to complete in one week at empire poker. It involves playing 5300 raked hands. I can logically deduce then, that I need at least 5 hours of poker a day.

the problem is, that unless Im playing an MTT, I cant sit at the computer for longer than an hour, I feel my concentration starting to slip. Is this normal?

Up to now, after that hour, I usually leave the tables, hit up the forum, and relax. But the problem is, it takes me forever to get back into my rythm.

How can I make myself get over this? It's really hurting my ability to get this bonus.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey large moth,

I only play 1-2 hour shifts 4-tabling, for many of the same reasons. Adjust your schedule so that you can be productive during your down time.

e.g. I plan my excersise and meals between 'shifts' that give me natural breaks without wasting time. Give it a shot.

BTW, 20X bonus on party skins is not currently worthwhile. I'm doing the Euro (10X for $200), am nearly through, and going bonkers even though winning.

-mosquito
Old 10-25-2005, 09:11 PM

How long is the euro for? I might have to do that once I finally grind this out at 6max.

hour after hour at 6mx.

this is why I play mtts
Old 10-25-2005, 09:37 PM

Cutoff was the 21st. (Sorry)

Was 10X, 30 days.

just finished, lost 45$ clearing the last 350 hands. Yuk.
Old 10-25-2005, 09:38 PM

If you don't want to play, don't play. Thats the whole point of playing poker to begin with. Who cares about bonuses? They are all over the place, so missing one isn't even something your should worry about.