Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-17-2004, 01:16 PM

Default Re: Two Folds

I was, then CT and Amir came out with this awesome HUD for Party and I switched to Empire.

Scott

PS If you didn't already take Kiddo's advice, you should most definitely check out their product.
Old 11-17-2004, 05:33 PM

Scott,

[ QUOTE ]

now that I know you're using anecdotal evidence to justify your poker theories, I understand why you make these mistakes

[/ QUOTE ]

Naphand is a nice guy and a valuable poster. I respect him, and if you're here to learn, so should you. I'm also aware he doesn't need my help to defend himself, and that his skin is thick enough to shrug off the above, but I'm grumpy today and you've been getting under my collar for a while now, so here goes.

Remarks like yours, quoted above, help nobody. This is a quality shared by many of your posts. To illustrate, here are some of the well-thought-out things you've said.

[ QUOTE ]

Just going to emphasize again . . . I am making a profit in the SB while the rest of you are trying to minimize a loss. This is not a playing style determined by emotion, it is something I found that works

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay, I'm intrigued. But who is this guy? Is he just claiming that to look good after a tiny sample? Let's see now:

[ QUOTE ]

I've been trained to find the smallest piece of doubt in arguments and then attack like a super-aggro maniac (philosophy major). My brain simply won't let me have faith until I post long-term wins.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, so Scott is the only person who can win from the blinds. Must be some kind of genius. I'd love to see his stats.

[ QUOTE ]

BB/Hand (by position)

SB: (0.09)
BB: (0.18)

[/ QUOTE ]

Now, I'm no philosophy major, but I believe I have uncovered an inconsistency.

Don't get me wrong, people are allowed to be inconsistent, change their minds, and learn things over time. But not if they conduct themselves the way you do.

I will not be engaging in a flame war.

Guy.
Old 11-17-2004, 09:15 PM

Naphand seems to know when I'm joking and when I'm not, so I'll learn poker from him and you can learn humor from him. As to the quotes you took out of context . . . not one of them was intended or expressed in the vein you just interpreted them. As to the general trend of your reply, yes, I have a harsh sense of humor to start with, and have been particularly irascible of late, which seems to have taken me off the deep end unawares. When it's come to my attention that I hurt someone, I apologize. Naphand has not given me this impression yet, and I take his personality as one that can enjoy the banter. If I'm wrong, I hope he will take this opportunity to tell me. As to any offense you've taken from my posts . . . it was never my intention and I wish it hadn't happened. Since it bothers you, I will try to restrain myself. In return, I ask that you refrain from misquoting me in the future; it is something I find particularly offensive.

Scott
Old 11-18-2004, 07:15 AM

That was a very noble response, Scott.

I concede it was unfair to create the little collage of quotes that I did.

Let's move on.

Guy.

P.S. " I'll learn poker from him and you can learn humor from him. " was genuinely funny.
Old 11-18-2004, 09:08 AM

Scotch78 is right Guy, he really does not have to worry about what he says to me. While sometimes I have to consider he may be making some kind of point, and he may even have spotted an inconsistency in what I say (No!), he has a sense of humour that encompasses being "offensive" or at least somewhat sardonic. That's OK because I give him credit for this when reading his posts. Perhaps you have not seen all of exchanges that took place between us recently, rest assured it is unlikely that Scotch78 is really having a go, he is and he isn't. I suspect he posts this way in a half-enquiring half-can-I-get-naphand-to blow-off kind of way. I have read on this guy, so far it has proven +EV and at times he has almost succeeded in amusing me... [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

At the same time, I do listen to what people say (although that may not always be apparent), and I particularly respect people who can force me to question my reasoning, because that is a learning process. I realise that, at times, I can be a bit OTT and need to be careful. That said, there are some issues upon which I am quite prepared to stand my ground and take on all-comers. Poker is not one of them, as I am still learning and recognise even the worst/newest players still have a valuable contribution to make.

I only hope for his sake that his handle "Scotch78" refers to a beverage and not some sassenach-imagined heritage.
Old 11-18-2004, 10:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I only hope for his sake that his handle "Scotch78" refers to a beverage and not some sassenach-imagined heritage.

[/ QUOTE ]

God, if you guys think I'm disagreeable now, you do not want to see me after a few shots of whiskey. "Scotch" is just a nickname for "Scott". I'll leave the "78" up to your imaginations though, but rest assured it has a heritage as long and distinguished as Rolling Rock's "33".

Scott

PS The best way to tell when I'm joking is probably to check if I gave a reason for what I'm saying. When I am giving serious advice I try to think aloud and express why I think such and such is a good line. If there's no explanation given or it doesn't match with the inital comment, then I'm probably joking.
Old 11-18-2004, 04:52 PM

I like the 3-bet in hand #2 to make CO call 2 cold. Even LAGs fold sometimes when they are faced with 2 bets. You have much better chances heads up.