Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-11-2004, 09:21 AM

Default Re: Any 2-suited in SB hits a flush - now what?

[ QUOTE ]
No-one directly addressed this question:

[ QUOTE ]
Under normal circumstances, I don't worry too much about flush over flush. But in this case do I pay no heed to the LP-A in MP2 who after calling PF & flop bets & 3-bets the turn & river?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I'd be aware of the possibility, but I still put the $ in. I almost never worry about flush over flush. When the flush hits, it's 8:1 that someone else also has a flush. If they do, you have over 1/2 of them beat, so consider it's about 18:1 that there's a higher flush out there... Sure, there's a few flushes out there that beat you, but there's more hands out there that come alive on that turn that you have beat. AJ, JT, KQ.. JJ could even be calling your raise and not 3betting PF, since he's passive PF. LP-A, well he's loose so he could have anything..
Old 11-11-2004, 09:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Under normal circumstances, I don't worry too much about flush over flush. But in this case do I pay no heed to the LP-A in MP2 who after calling PF & flop bets & 3-bets the turn & river?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll address it!

it looks to me like you played this fine, and in fact you have few choices to make.

Pre-flop: completing/calling is an easy decision.
Flop: you can either lead out or hope for a c/r, but this works out just fine for you.
Turn: your flush hits, with both the J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] accounted for. I think you have to raise. unfortunately, a 3 bet behind you may mean you are behind.
River: With this pot, you need to call down.

Ken
Old 11-11-2004, 09:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought that's what I was addressing. You are in good shape. Look at the stats.
Old 11-11-2004, 11:30 AM

Flop: I C/R
Turn: Cap
River: Bet...Cold call the 3-bet.
Capping the river isn't the end of the world, it's only one more bet and you might still be good.

All those odds and numbers that people posted are pretty and nice looking but my Poker experience says your good about 50/50 of the time, probably even less.

There are people who play poorly in Poker but they are not frickin' retarted. LP-A really really likes his hand and I'm sure he can count to 3. Plus LA-P is still calling and most likely has a flush.

Hopefully the LAG rammed a set down everyones throat and the fish has a smaller flush.
Old 11-11-2004, 01:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought that's what I was addressing. You are in good shape. Look at the stats.

[/ QUOTE ]

The stats don't take into account the betting on this hand. Would all the flushes that I'm beating bet this way? That's really the question, I guess. Would 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] bet the way villain did from the turn on? On the other hand, would that hand call the PFR?

Obviously you are saying yes (to the first question).

On thinking about it, I probably agree. It's a no-brainer that I should cap the flop (what does that say about me?). If I cap the turn, I'm gonna cap the river (if given the opportunity), because if I was good at the turn this river hasn't changed anything.

Yeah on reflection, a lot of players at this level will bet this way with all those small flushes.

Shoulda capped the turn & river.
Old 11-11-2004, 01:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Flop: I C/R
Turn: Cap
River: Bet...Cold call the 3-bet.
Capping the river isn't the end of the world, it's only one more bet and you might still be good.

All those odds and numbers that people posted are pretty and nice looking but my Poker experience says your good about 50/50 of the time, probably even less.

There are people who play poorly in Poker but they are not frickin' retarted. LP-A really really likes his hand and I'm sure he can count to 3. Plus LA-P is still calling and most likely has a flush.

Hopefully the LAG rammed a set down everyones throat and the fish has a smaller flush.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pretty close:

Results in white below:
Hero has Ts 6s (flush, ace high).
MP2 has 9s 8s (flush, ace high).
Button has Ad 6d (two pair, aces and sixes).
Outcome: Hero wins 28 BB.

--
Peter
Old 11-11-2004, 02:13 PM

Often agressive players will try to take the pot down by playing agressively when a scare card hits. The bet/raise/3-bet on the flop does not indicate a flush draw by any of the raisers, and after two of them checked the turn when they saw a third spade, the LP-A player probably thinks his bluff could work. If he actually does have a flush, it can be lower than yours. I say keep betting!