Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-16-2005, 10:51 PM

Default Re: PokerAce Heads Up Display - Version 0.27 Released

This is the SQL to run to get the variables needed to calculate Aggression Frequency:

<font class="small">Code:</font><hr /><pre>
SELECT
sum(gp.fbet + gp.fraise) as flop_aggr,
sum(gp.fbet + gp.fraise + gp.fcall + gp.ffold) as flop_aggr_opp,
sum(gp.tbet + gp.traise) as turn_aggr,
sum(gp.tbet + gp.traise + gp.tcall + gp.tfold) as turn_aggr_opp,
sum(gp.rbet + gp.rraise) as river_aggr,
sum(gp.rbet + gp.rraise + gp.rcall + gp.rfold) as river_aggr_opp
FROM game_players gp WHERE gp.player_id= (SELECT (case when (alias_id = 0) then player_id else alias_id end)
FROM players
WHERE screen_name='YOUR_NAME_HERE'
AND main_site_id=(SELECT site_id FROM poker_sites WHERE site_abbrev='PTY'))
</pre><hr />

Obviously, replace YOUR_NAME_HERE with your poker id.

To execute the SQL, open pgAdmin III, select the database you want to run the SQL for and click the icon that says SQL on it. Paste the above SQL into the area and press the Execute Query button. It will give you the 6 fields you need to calculate the final results.

To calculate aggr freq:

flop_aggr / flop_aggr_opp
turn_aggr / turn_aggr_opp
river_aggr / river_aggr_opp
Old 09-18-2005, 06:30 AM

I think I understand the concept of the aggression frequency, but I donīt understand why "checking" is not included in the calculation.

If I understand it correctly the formula is:
(bet+raise)/(bet+raise+call+fold)

Why is it not:
(bet+raise)/(bet+raise+call+check+fold)

/Swedebubba
Old 09-18-2005, 07:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think I understand the concept of the aggression frequency, but I donīt understand why "checking" is not included in the calculation.

[/ QUOTE ]

Checking is not included because it does not necessarily indicate weakness. Checking with the intention of raising is certainly not weak, even if it's checked around. Since we do not know what the player is going to do in those cases and because it would be too processor intensive to calculate those times when a player checked on the button, it's best to treat checking as neutral and remove it from the formula all together.
Old 09-20-2005, 02:22 PM

APerfect10,

My point was merely that the guy (or gal) you described was a tight post-flop player, but played aggressively when he did decide to continue. I read your statement to imply that by not continuing (either through betting or calling)he is not aggressive. Is this a fair assessment of your point? I see merits in using both tendencies to characterize a player.

Anyway -

I have been experimenting with the Aggression Frequency Stat lately. I see some potential, but am not totally convinced its giving me more than aggression factor+fold percentage. I can definately tell the tendencies of the extreme outliers (80%'ers and 20%'ers) by observation, but am unsure as to how sensitive the changes are to noticeable changes in tendencies. I thought I read somewhere (might be in this thread - can't recall) that below 35% and above 65% are getting extreme. True??

In your research, have you taken a look at the average and standard deviation of all Aggression Frequency Values for a database of players? I'd like to get a feel for the range of values and the deviation so I can get an idea of how sensitive the numbers are?

Like I said, I don't know if I like it or not yet, but I'd like to thank you and PokerAce for taking the time to offer an alternative.