Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-20-2005, 04:51 PM

Default standard uncertainty

PR 3/6 4 Handed

Hero is Button with A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Preflop:
CO folds, Hero raises, SB 3-bets, BB folds, Hero caps, SB calls

Flop: 7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
SB bets, Hero calls

Turn: 6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
SB bets, Hero ??

SB is 36/25/1.5 over ~30 hands, and I get the impression that these numbers are going to increase over time. I think calling sucks, but do you like raise/folding and checking behind on the river UI, or just letting go? I tend to do one, although this time I did the other, but I've been in a slide so I'm questioning everything. I also think raising the flop is a reasonable move, yes?
Old 12-20-2005, 04:54 PM

Default Re: standard uncertainty

i like just letting it go.
Old 12-20-2005, 05:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i like just letting it go.

[/ QUOTE ]
Same.
Old 12-20-2005, 05:01 PM

I raise flop here if you are planning on calling the turn.

If you are not, then call flop, fold turn UI.

True
Old 12-20-2005, 05:16 PM

Raising the flop in this spot might get you 3-bet, which really sucks. However, getting 3-bet might define his hand a little better allowing you to more comfortably fold on the turn. But players like this really tend to get over aggro in 3 to 4-handed situations. Some players will bet/3-bet overs in this spot. Ideally here I'd raise the flop (not get 3-bet), check behind UI on the turn, and call any river. I'd really like to show this hand down as I'm ahead of a lot of Aces and other broadway combos with which he'd 3-bet preflop.

I don't know, raising the flop and keeping the initiative makes this hand a bit easier to play. But playing it the way you did the 3 options of folding the turn, calling down, and raising the turn for a "free showdown" have merit. Raising the turn gives you a bit more fold equity than raising the flop.

With all my indecisiveness here, I think I'm getting to showdown somehow.
Old 12-20-2005, 05:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Raising the flop in this spot might get you 3-bet, which really sucks. However, getting 3-bet might define his hand a little better allowing you to more comfortably fold on the turn. But players like this really tend to get over aggro in 3 to 4-handed situations. Some players will bet/3-bet overs in this spot. Ideally here I'd raise the flop (not get 3-bet), check behind UI on the turn, and call any river. I'd really like to show this hand down as I'm ahead of a lot of Aces and other broadway combos with which he'd 3-bet preflop.

I don't know, raising the flop and keeping the initiative makes this hand a bit easier to play. But playing it the way you did the 3 options of folding the turn, calling down, and raising the turn for a "free showdown" have merit. Raising the turn gives you a bit more fold equity than raising the flop.

With all my indecisiveness here, I think I'm getting to showdown somehow.

[/ QUOTE ]

IMO if we raise the flop after capping preflop it doesn't do much to define his hand because ours is so misrepresented
Old 12-20-2005, 05:23 PM

--blind response--

My standard line here is to raise this flop, check through the turn, and call a river bet unimproved. That wins the most from other whiffed over hands, and gives me an escape route if I encounter undue aggression. If I get played back at I can release, and if I improve I can raise.

This is the kind of hand that can beat other UI overs without improving, and I want to show it down against a lag.

As played I think you have to drop.
Old 12-20-2005, 05:45 PM

Results:
<font color="white">Hero usually raises, but folds this time. This feels weird, so he posts the hand on 2+2. </font>
Old 12-20-2005, 06:03 PM

I feel that since you capped preflop calling the flop places a sticker on your forhead that says you have big overcards so he is going to continue to hammer you. Raise the flop.