Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-01-2005, 01:10 AM

Default Weird river decision with 43s

Party 20/40

5 limpers (which is rare), I complete from the SB with 4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].

Flop is A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. It gets checked around (the big blind open folded). Turn is 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. I check, 2 EP players check, MP1 (164 hands, 29 9 1.1) bets, MP2 calls, button (a terrible player) calls, I call, both EPs fold.

River is 3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. I check, MP1 now checks, MP2 (133 hands, 43 18 2.6 (2.1 river AF)) bets, button folds, I...
Old 09-01-2005, 03:25 AM

Default Re: Weird river decision with 43s

i hope you folded because mp2 played his hand like a 9 or an A. raising is obviously the second best play.
Old 09-05-2005, 04:07 PM

Default Re: Weird river decision with 43s

Without a read, I would fold.

Although, I have to say, the MP2 having a river AF of 2.1 can mean that he tends to play marginal hands too aggressively on the river. So if you know that there is a good chance that he will fold for one more bet if raised, I would raise (shutting out the MP1, who bet on the turn).

The raise is because your pair of threes might be good enough to beat one possibly bluffing opponent, but faced with two opponents, (one of whom would be overcalling behind you), your hand will usually find itself beat.

So depending on your read, either raise or fold. I would not call the river with this hand, in this situation.