Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-21-2005, 01:51 AM

Default AQ unimproved turn raise?

CO is 62.5/12.5/1.22 after 10 hands...no real reads. Is this just suicidal...i felt he was on a draw. + or - EV? I mean I don't do this often, but what do you think anyways?

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. CO posts a blind of $5.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, CO (poster) calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>.

Flop: (7.40 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+2 calls, CO calls.

Turn: (5.20 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG+2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, ...
Old 10-21-2005, 02:08 AM

Default Re: AQ unimproved turn raise?

i seriously doubt that you're making him fold. what about utg+2. this is borderline spewage here. Personally I'd rather lead the turn, but that is my standard line. check/calling the turn is fine too. We really need to know what's up with utg+2 though, a read on him makes a massive difference
Old 10-21-2005, 02:18 AM

UTG + 2 is 31.2/9/1. I find it hard to believe he's calling two cold here with anything he'd check. I didn't want CO to fold. I just thought I had the best hand.
Old 10-21-2005, 02:53 AM

Why is c/c better than c/f on this turn?

I think against some opponents I'm b/f the turn and some c/f. Am I leaking?
Old 10-21-2005, 03:07 AM

b/f the turn. c/f the river UI.

this is total spewage 99% of the time.
Old 10-21-2005, 04:08 AM

I don't think hero has reason to believe his 6 overcard outs aren't good ... + chance that CO might be bluffing makes turn call marginal. A raise might knock out UTG+2's flush/str8/med-pair buying more outs &amp; possibly buying ace-high showdown value. I dont think folding is wrong, but calling or raising is probably borderline EV.
Old 10-21-2005, 04:09 AM

Maybe i should give some more information about the hand. I bet out the flop quick, UTG+2 called fast, CO thought a while before calling, which is why I put him on either a crappy draw or overcards.

I don't think bet/folding the turn here is a better line, but I felt UTG+2 is calling my bet and probably CO too. At least a c/r here limits the field down by one. Sure CO could be paired up here but he also could be induced to bluff here with just overcards thinking my overcards missed and he can take this pot now. The only two lines I see are c/f or c/r (with c/f being the choice most of the time...although not all of the time if the texture of the board and opponents are right).
Old 10-21-2005, 04:44 AM

Please dont