Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-10-2005, 05:32 AM

Default siegfried\'s second post

party 2/4 full

utg calls. villain raises. folded to hero who calls w/ q-10 of clubs from bb. utg calls.

flop is q-6-2 w/ 2 diamonds. hero bets. utg folds. villain raises. hero reraises. villain calls.

turn is king of diamonds. hero bets. villain checkraises. hero calls.

river is 3c. hero checks. villain bets. hero folds.

comments appreciated.
Old 08-10-2005, 05:49 AM

Default Re: siegfried\'s second post

This is chip spewing, and horribly misplayed on the flop and turn.

First, I don't know why you lead out on the flop, now UTG only has to call only one bet. You don't have a monster here, top pair and T kicker is not a hand to build a big pot with 3 handed. Check the flop, assuming utg will check and villian will bet, then raise to make sure you knock out utg. Fortunately, utg folded to one bet. When villian raises you on the flop, that's your que to slow the hell down. You're either way behind to an overpair, way ahead of JJ-99, or ahead of AK. Either way, you want to get to a showdown, assuming no A or K comes.

The donkbet turn with the K is just insane. What do you put him on? The only possibilities that you beat now are JJ-99. That's quite a gamble.
Old 08-10-2005, 08:06 AM

probably didnt play this hand as well as i should have.

with the flop bet i was first to act. i usually like to bet with pairs below kings, to make sure it doesnt get checked through. perhaps i should have gone for a checkraise here, since pot was big and raiser is likely to bet out. i hate giving a free card though. if incorrect, is this bet really that bad?

as for the reraise, i wanted to make him pay if he had diamonds or ak. is the reraise horrible?

as for donking turn (it's not really a donk, though, is it, since i bet last on flop?)- i wanted to continue since i bet last on flop. guess this is bad, though, with the king and diamond out. is check/fold best here?

after getting c'r, do i fold? i justified my call with the 9:1 pot odds and 5 outs. But looking back, it seems like folding is the obvious solution, after discounting outs. i could be dead already, a 4th diamond may slay me, and if he has aq, i only have 3 outs. could someone please help with out-counting here- in these situations i have trouble quickly coming up with an accurate #- what should my # be here? clear fold?

safe to fold river - seems im likely behind more often than 1/10 or whatever it was- easy fold? did i at least do this right!?!

comments welcome and appreciated. it's kind of depressing that ron burgundy is better than me at poker
Old 08-10-2005, 08:28 AM

Checkraise the flop, planning to bet (and often fold) the turn. This is really easy..