Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-10-2005, 08:49 PM

Default Re: What happened to Mattias Anderson ?

matias is a douche
Old 07-10-2005, 09:02 PM

Location: Pokah Is Nice, I Love Play Pokah (Chau Giang quote) Location: Massachusetts

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Douches=Good Television

[/ QUOTE ]

Ding.

Pretty much everyone thinks Tony G is a tool but we all tune in to see what he'll do or say next.

[/ QUOTE ]

The difference between Hellmuth, Matusow, and Tony G. and Matias is that the first three have genuiniely unique personalities that despite how they,act are interesting and make for entertaining TV. WHile on the other hand you have Matias, who did nothing especially entertaining except for yelling very loudly and at an annoying pitch. This is not entertaing, it is annoying.

Do not say Matias is like Tony G. Or others players that people may call douches but at the same are intrigued by their uniqness. ANyone can yell like a Yak in heat like Matias did. But not everyone can be a poker brat.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you serious? While I enjoy watching them all, Helmuth, Mattusow and Tony G make direct attacks at their opponents, while Matias is celebrating his luck in particular hands (where he's behind) or his skill where he's ahead and stays that way.

Helmuth berates players for their bad plays that suck out on him (i.e. whining about his bad luck)

Matasow is a coke-head who blew through a million dollars and calls other players donks.

Tony G, I believe is a genuinely nice person, but he either can't control himself or intentionally verbally assaults and godes his opponents to get them on tilt.

While I actually don't have a problem with any of them and think they're likely decent people outside the poker room, trying to say that Matias is worse than their antics is way off, and it's not even close, do you see why?
Old 07-10-2005, 09:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
While I actually don't have a problem with any of them and think they're likely decent people outside the poker room, trying to say that Matias is worse than their antics is way off, and it's not even close, do you see why?

[/ QUOTE ]

I never said Matias is worse or better. I said anyone can yell like a moron, go down to the RIO I'm sure you will hear a bunch of donks doing it as I type this.

Let me reiterate what I said in my first post. Hellmuth and the bunch have unique personalities that are brought out by being on TV tables. Matias did not have anything especially intersting about him, he just seemed to have the ability to yell very loudly. not special or entertaing IMO.

get it?
Old 07-10-2005, 09:13 PM

Location: Pokah Is Nice, I Love Play Pokah (Chau Giang quote) Location: Massachusetts

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I never said Matias is worse or better. I said anyone can yell like a moron, go down to the RIO I'm sure you will hear a bunch of donks doing it as I type this.

Let me reiterate what I said in my first post. Hellmuth and the bunch have unique personalities that are brought out by being on TV tables. Matias did not have any personality or anything special about him that wasintqiguing to watch, just him yelling.

get it?

[/ QUOTE ]

I understand what you're saying, but it's all edited for TV, so it's difficult to base any truly correct decisions off of small bits that we're shown, instead of seeing the whole event.

I'd probably get up and start dancing "the running man" if I was making the money in such a large event, let alone the final table of such an event.

And when he lost on that suckout, he was respectful and ok with it, while most players would have thrown a sh*t-fit
Old 07-10-2005, 09:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
trying to say that Matias is worse than their antics is way off, and it's not even close, do you see why?

[/ QUOTE ]

Mattias admitted to dumping chips to someone he had a piece of. So please, explain to me why that isn't worse than Tony G being an [censored].
Old 07-10-2005, 09:24 PM

really? ive heard from people that have played him on PSO that theres no softer spot when it gets shorthanded, esp. on the bubble

having read his trip report i dont know how anyone can like him really, he doesnt show much respect for anyone while acting like that. and who can forget the wonderful aces hand he had just before the bubble on the featured table, blinds 1k/2k, hansen raises to 6k, anderson moves in for 120k total AND gets called by a 40k stack with KQ. if only i was that good :*(

/me awaits a 'huh huh, how many WSOP final tables have you made?'
Old 07-10-2005, 09:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
trying to say that Matias is worse than their antics is way off, and it's not even close, do you see why?

[/ QUOTE ]

Mattias admitted to dumping chips to someone he had a piece of. So please, explain to me why that isn't worse than Tony G being an [censored].

[/ QUOTE ]

I wasn't debating that issue. I was debating the issue of people complaining about his screaming as opposed to someone verbally assaulting/insulting another player.

As far as the chip-dumping goes, majorly stupid to admit it. But let's say you're at the final table with your wife, or father or whatever. Do you really want to eliminate them?

Some players would have no problem with such a decision, others might.
Old 07-10-2005, 09:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
As far as the chip-dumping goes, majorly stupid to admit it. But let's say you're at the final table with your wife, or father or whatever. Do you really want to eliminate them?

[/ QUOTE ]

1. It wasn't his wife or father. It was someone he had a piece of. It was for his own financial gain.

2. If it was my wife or father, I wouldn't soft play them.

3. It seems the only problem you have with this is that he admitted to it.
Old 07-10-2005, 09:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

1. It wasn't his wife or father. It was someone he had a piece of. It was for his own financial gain.

2. If it was my wife or father, I wouldn't soft play them.

3. It seems the only problem you have with this is that he admitted to it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Poker is about taking other peoples money, it's not a "friendly" sport as far as I'm concerned. While I certainly don't agree with soft-player EVER, money (especially BIG money) can do things to a lot of people who aren't used to it.

Our government screws us all the time, it's almost human nature to take advantage of others. They tell us we should vote, but it doesn't matter, since only rich pr*cks can afford to run for office, so only rich pr*cks can obtain high-level offices in government. We're all slaves to the system, don't get me started!

Whew, sorry, went off on a tangent there. I just think it's incredibly stupid to admit to something like that, but the kid is immature and obviously has a lot to learn.

I've booted one of my best friends from my home poker game because he was splashing the pot with less chips than the bet equalled, and he was "missing" his antes.

But again, I wasn't even trying to get into that aspect of the discussion. Just saying that his "Daaaaah!" wasn't as bad as some of the stuff others do.
Old 07-10-2005, 10:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]

He's obviously not being called a douche because of the way he plays poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

previous poster would have you believe that if I got sucked-out on by Greg raymer then that automatically means I am NOT a douche.

This is roughly the same as saying that because I like hamburgers I must be a good person.
They just aren't related dude.

I can get sucked-out on by Greg Raymer regardless of whether I am a douche or not.

However, these two aspects ARE obviously linked.
-- Running around like and idiot and screaming
-- Being a douche