Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-01-2005, 04:52 PM

Default turn donk bets always confuse me.. check this one out

Second hand at this table, no reads.

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB completes, BB checks.

Not enough callers to play profitably for set value? Usually I can count on the blinds coming along for one

Flop: (4 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG+2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB folds, BB folds, UTG+2 calls.

Turn: (3 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 bets</font>, Hero ?

I hate this situation..

Advice on all streets would be appreciated.
Old 12-01-2005, 04:53 PM

Default Re: turn donk bets always confuse me.. check this one out

fold preflop, not multiway enough to play for set action. I like the flop bet, fold the turn. If he has 3rd pair you're beat, and the pot is pretty small.
Old 12-01-2005, 04:56 PM

Pot is small, I fold. From MP3 I usually limp with this hand, but prefer at least one more limper ahead of me.
Old 12-01-2005, 05:01 PM

Grunching,

without any reads, I'm willing to dump this on the turn bet. I think the pf call is fine for set value. I like the flop bet also since no-one is showing interest.

I put UTG on overcards. Easily a KT or KJ. Waking up on the turn is bad news. pot is still small enough to get away from and I think you're very likely looking at a 2 outer.
Old 12-01-2005, 05:12 PM

I think this is an easy fold. It's a small pot. You have to beat his bluff 1/4 times, and this doesn't even get you a showdown. There are 3 overcards, and he could easily be ahead here.
Old 12-01-2005, 05:17 PM

with 55 in this situation, it's either a raise or fold preflop. dont limp in with only 1 limper ahead of you. turn's a fold.
Old 12-01-2005, 05:21 PM

preflop is actually fine i think as it is similar to 6-max at this point and you limp in with 55 after 1 limper.

flop goot. i don't know what there is to be confused about on that turn. you think he's donking you with nothing? Ace-high or some straight/flush delayed bluff? i've folded stronger hands to these bets.
Old 12-01-2005, 05:32 PM

Yah I dunno, I probably call those bets a lot more than I should.. I guess subconciously they just seem too suspicious to me. I'm slowly learning that 90% of the time it means that they have at least SOMETHING.
Old 12-01-2005, 06:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yah I dunno, I probably call those bets a lot more than I should.. I guess subconciously they just seem too suspicious to me. I'm slowly learning that 90% of the time it means that they have at least SOMETHING.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd put it closer to 98% at .50/1. The only thing more likely to mean "you're dead" is the turn c/r, and if your Villan bets out it usually means he soiled himself for some reason when the card came.
Old 12-01-2005, 06:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd put it closer to 98% at .50/1. The only thing more likely to mean "you're dead" is the turn c/r, and if your Villan bets out it usually means he soiled himself for some reason when the card came.

[/ QUOTE ]
With a coordinated board (especially with the two-flush), smart (or even some dumb) villains spiking their K know they must absolutely must bet here.

So if it's soilage, it's correct soilage.