Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-27-2005, 05:39 PM

Default a couple overcard hands

Hand 1:
Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, [color=#666666]1 fold</font>, [color=#CC3333]Hero raises</font>, [color=#666666]2 folds</font>, Button =#A500AF(villan)/ calls, [color=#666666]3 folds</font>, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (8.50 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [color=#0000FF](4 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, [color=#CC3333]Hero bets</font>, [color=#CC3333]villan raises</font>, UTG+1 folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (6.25 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [color=#0000FF](3 players)</font>
Hero checks, [color=#CC3333]villan bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 7.25 BB

Standard? C/C the flop?

Hand 2:

Preflop: Hero is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
[color=#666666]4 folds</font>, MP2 calls, [color=#666666]1 fold</font>, CO calls, [color=#666666]1 fold</font>, [color=#CC3333]Hero raises</font>, BB =#A500AF(villan)/ calls, MP2 calls, CO calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] [color=#0000FF](4 players)</font>
[color=#CC3333]Hero bets</font>, [color=#CC3333]villan raises</font>, MP2 folds, CO folds, Hero calls.

C/C?

Turn: (6 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] [color=#0000FF](2 players)</font>
Hero checks, [color=#CC3333]villan bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (8 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [color=#0000FF](2 players)</font>
Hero checks, [color=#CC3333]villan bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 9 BB

Hand 3:

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
[color=#666666]2 folds</font>, UTG+2 calls, [color=#666666]1 fold</font>, [color=#CC3333]Hero raises</font>, MP3 =#A500AF(villan)/ calls, CO calls, [color=#666666]1 fold</font>, BB calls, UTG+2 calls.

Flop: (10.50 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [color=#0000FF](6 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG+2 checks, [color=#CC3333]Hero bets</font>, villan calls, CO calls, BB folds, UTG+2 folds.

Again, C/C?

Turn: (6.75 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [color=#0000FF](4 players)</font>
[color=#CC3333]Hero bets</font>, villan calls, CO calls.

C/C? C/F?

River: (9.75 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [color=#0000FF](4 players)</font>
Hero checks, [color=#CC3333]villan bets</font>, CO folds, Hero folds.

I don't think villan is bluffing a worse hand here enough to make it a profitable call.

Final Pot: 10.75 BB

These overcard hands, especially the ones with ragged flops, are probably my biggest leak so any advice would be appreciated.

p.s. What's up with these colour tags? are they visible for anyone else. Also, why is the player count messed up?

And lastly, can someone tell me what donk and grunch mean?
Old 11-27-2005, 05:52 PM

Default Re: a couple overcard hands

[ QUOTE ]
p.s. What's up with these colour tags? are they visible for anyone else. Also, why is the player count messed up?

[/ QUOTE ]

When you paste the HH into the converter, in the upper left hand corner make sure you have 2+2 selected. Otherwise the format (color tags, player counts) can get messed up.

[ QUOTE ]
And lastly, can someone tell me what donk and grunch mean?

[/ QUOTE ]

Here is a good link to grunching, etc. . But basically, it tells everyone that you did not read other posts before you made your reply.

Also, per the Micro FAQ/guidelines, try to limit the # of HH's you post to 2 each time. This is loosely enforced but it is much easier to analyze posts if you limit the # of HH's per hand.

Standby for my grunch...
Old 11-27-2005, 06:10 PM

*grunch*

I will preface by saying that playing overcards IS my biggest leak so take my advice with a grain (or 2) of salt.

Overcards are very hard to play OOP. When you face aggression while holding overcards on very ragged flops, it usually means you are up againt at least a pair. Because you were the preflop aggressor in these hands a continuation bet is expected from you on the flop but without backdoor draws your overcards are weak in the face of aggression - hence the conflict between C/C and Bet. I know it is weak, but I would C/C more in these situations rather than lead (maybe that is why OC's are my biggest leak)
Old 11-27-2005, 11:39 PM

I think you played all three well.
Old 11-28-2005, 02:19 AM

I think you played them well too. I throw in flop checks everynow and again, with overcards and overpairs. But no one at .5/1 is noticing anyways. But I ususally bet my missed overcards, I've won some small pots with a flop bet in position. They add up!
Old 11-28-2005, 05:14 AM

agreed with everything above. Post less hands please, makes it easier. Especially if the tags were fixed.

Either way, I liked all 3. Sucks that they missed you, but that's poker.

Crovax