Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker

Old 07-24-2005, 11:54 PM

Default collusion and cheating in my own home... HELP!!!

As the subject line implies, I have a problem in my home games. We usually get the same crowd of about 14 guys around. Well lately I've been realizing that 3 of the guys playing seem to be colluding. Two of the guys are brothers and the other is a mutual friend of mine and theirs. Here is how it seems to be going when they do it. We usually play with 2 preliminary tables which combine to a big final table. So chances are 2 of the 3 wind up at one table and the other is at another table. So the 2 guys at one table go all in against each other so one gets a mountain of chips. Then the guy at the other table plays really tight and gets to the winner's table. Then the brothers are together at the winner's table. They can often be seen whispering and they both play strong and try to get even more chips. Then when the game becomes 3 handed, the collusion begins in earnest.

When it is 3 handed between the brothers and another guy, whenever the other guy folds one of the brothers also folds so that the brothers dont eliminate each other. Therefore they can wait until the other guy goes all in and both call him to ruin his odds. Then they split the money (I know the brothers split it and i assume that the 3rd guy is in). What can I do?! My home game is going to hell. Please help.
Old 07-24-2005, 11:59 PM

Default Re: collusion and cheating in my own home... HELP!!!

tell them that if they pull [censored] again you are gonna [censored] them up hehe. i would just give them a warning and if they do it again take there buyin and ban them when its 3 handed
Old 07-25-2005, 12:00 AM

But theres no proof of what they're doing... theyre not obvious about it really...
Old 07-25-2005, 12:05 AM

You're not stupid, you know what's going on. Tell them you know what they're doing and you want it to stop. If it doesn't, they're not invited back. You'll find three other people to fill those seats.
Old 07-25-2005, 01:01 AM

1. It sounds like you allow people to pick their own seats, even at the combined final table. You can assign seats randomly, which will cut out the "whispering" nonsense.

2. You say that two of the three players will go all-in heads-up for chip dumping. If this is so, it should be obvious they are colluding when one of them does not have a legitimate hand. Consequently, it should have been obvious to everyone by now if they have been cheating. Does everyone at this game have no spine and little balls?

3. Don't allow people you don't trust to play in YOUR games, even if they are your supposed friends.

4. If you're too scared to take any action, then have your mommy call the other guys' mommies.
Old 07-25-2005, 01:18 AM

The simple solution is to ban all of them. If the individual guys matters to you, just ban the brothers.

Regards,

T
Old 07-25-2005, 02:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
But theres no proof of what they're doing... theyre not obvious about it really...

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds pretty obvious.
Old 07-25-2005, 04:53 AM

I would just talk to them about it, or ask all of your other buddies. If they also feel like this, sounds like theres a lot of other people, you talk to em and when they say something have someone back em up. Or knock their asses out early...
Old 07-25-2005, 07:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds pretty obvious.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sarcasm is VERY difficult to pull off in text. Unless he was serious, which makes it even funnier.
Old 07-25-2005, 07:21 AM

Stupid question. If you don't want to give them a warning (or if you're not the host/floor) then refuse to play and start a game up with the others without the three.

If you are the host, warn them or kick them out (by not inviting them).