Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Stud

Old 12-27-2005, 04:41 PM

Default (.5/1) stud/8 Spewing with a baby pair?

I'll admit it, I had no idea what to do on any street here. Should the fact that one of my 4s is dead keep me from calling the bring-in? Was my aggression on 5th street because of the passivity on 4th street too much? It seems like I severely overplayed this hand and then got lucky on the river. Is that right?

John

7 Card Stud High-Low ($0.50/$1), Ante $0.25, Bring-In $0.25 (converter)

3rd Street - (3.50 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 3: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 4: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 5: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___brings-in
Seat 6: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 7: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls
Hero: K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls

4th Street - (5.50 SB)

Seat 5: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___checks
Seat 6: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___checks
Seat 7: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___checks
Hero: K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___checks

5th Street - (2.75 BB)

Seat 5: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___checks___calls
Seat 6: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___checks___calls
Seat 7: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___checks___calls
Hero: K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___bets

6th Street - (6.75 BB)

Seat 5: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 6: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 7: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___checks___calls
Hero: K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___bets

River - (10.75 BB)

Seat 5: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] xx___folds
Seat 6: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] xx___folds
Seat 7: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] xx___checks___calls
Hero: K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___bets

Total pot: (12.75 BB)
Old 12-27-2005, 04:49 PM

Default Re: (.5/1) stud/8 Spewing with a baby pair?

I probably don't call the bring in if all my cards are completely live. Small pairs are no good if you don't have another baby or ace to go with it.

Your drawing to the high half of the pot with nothing but 4's, thats a bad spot to be.
Old 12-27-2005, 05:35 PM

Even with a gignatic ante, you should fold this hand. You don't have much working for you in either direction.

The bet on fifth street is alright if you think there is a decent chance you will get some ppl to fold, but at this level I don't know how often that actually happens.

Def take the free card on sixth that has been offered to you.

River looks fine.

Mike
Old 12-27-2005, 06:42 PM

Agreed. Fold third. But now that you're involved I like the bet on 5th. I'm really surprised *no one* folded here with these ugly boards and the small pot. Since they all called, they'll probably call you on 6th with whatever they've got so I think it's a check here too. Good bet on the river.