Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker

Old 07-25-2005, 11:23 AM

Default Re: collusion and cheating in my own home... HELP!!!

How about telling them they're not welcome to play????
Old 07-25-2005, 12:05 PM

First of all, they shouldn't be whispering at the table. ESPECIALLY if they aren't in the hand. They shouldn't be talking at all. And if they tell anyone what they have, their hand should be dead. No one is allowed to ever say what they have as the hand is in progress. People can hint at what they have, but they can never blatantly say what they have. And seating should be assigned by drawing cards.

You've just got to work up the stones to tell them to cut the crap or they aren't welcomed back.
You say they're friends and all, but I don't think my friends would try to cheat me out of money.
Old 07-25-2005, 12:51 PM

OK dude

A couple things aren't clear. First, you are the host of the game right?

I will assume so for the rest of my comments.

Second, has anyone else in your game noticed this? If you are the host they are looking to YOU for leadership. They will come to you instead of speaking to the three guys themselves.

If no one has said anything to you, take initiative and ask each of them individually.

How many times has this occurred? How often do you play? Doubling up in the first hand is nice but not necessarily a tremendous advantage in a freeze out such as yours, it depends on the blind structure. If the stacks are 50x > BB, starting w/ double everyone's stack doesn't guarantee anything.

Is this a high buy in tournament? Is the top prize worth cheating for?

The biggest thing is whether or not anyone else has said anything. If so, politely inform the three of them discretely that their actions in the past have alarmed some of the other players and a lot of people have asked that they not be invited back. If they continue with this iffy behavior they won't be invited anymore. Tell them you're not going to risk breaking up the game over their bullshit.

If they get defensive, tell them to leave and that will be that. If they are receptive, then life goes on.

Good Luck

PG
Old 07-25-2005, 01:05 PM

I can't tell in your post if they know they're cheating. Is it possible that they have no idea that they're doing anything wrong? I would talk to them and tell them your concerns.

If they don't change what they're doing, it's time to break out the cheater beater.
Old 07-25-2005, 09:00 PM

This is pretty simple. If you are getting 13 players, they simply aren't invited. If they ask why, then explain it to them. If they don't agree, then tough. [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Old 07-26-2005, 10:19 AM

Don't let them play [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]??? It's your house, I don't understand the dilemma . . . .
Old 07-26-2005, 02:29 PM

oh man that sux. had this happen once, unfortunately the guys never really came back after that. just have a chat with em, tell em you are aware of what it going on, and if it continues you will have to ban them. collusion is not cool, especially at a home game!

when they go all in against each other, are the hands questionable? like, does one guy go all in, gets called and one has like 24o and the other has a decent hand? anyway, sucks man, tough situation.
Old 07-26-2005, 05:21 PM

Just dont invite them anymore.