Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-29-2005, 03:12 PM

Default How to get worked...a guide aka \"Have you ever seen this play at 2/4\"

2/4 Party Poker 10 handed

The turn action may be entirely too "creative" (at the cost of value); river is awful (I brought this upon myself)...

UTG+2 is laggy (he capped the turn against me HU with a bad top pair a few hands before, he is capable of bluff CR'ing and bets out the river on air regularly)

MP2 - I have no idea what he's doing, no reads, no stats. He seems to be mostly passive and has not done anything worthy of notice.

Hero is CO with T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

2 folds, UTG+2 calls, 4 folds, <font color="red"> Hero raises </font> , 3 folds, UTG+2 calls, MP2 calls

Flop: (7.5 SB) K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (3 players)

UTG+2 checks, MP2 checks, <font color="red"> Hero bets </font> , UTG+2 calls, MP2 calls

Turn: (5.25 BB) 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (3 players)
UTG+2 checks, MP2 checks, Hero checks (!!??)

I thought that I was in a "way ahead/way behind" situation. UTG+2 is capable of CR'ing on a bluff here; I really don't want to fold to a CR. Also, the same player will certainly bet the river without a club and MP2 will call with a smaller flush than mine. Is this too cute?

The other option was to bet the turn: if you just get called then you are betting the river; if UTG+2 CR's (MP2 would fold), I'd call the turn and either call a river bet or bet when checked to).

River: (5.25 BB) A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
UTG+2 bets (yeay!!), MP2 raises (doh!), Hero ??

I'll post results in a few minutes but I think you know where this is heading.

Thanks for all the criticism in advance,

Tash
Old 04-29-2005, 03:43 PM

Default Re: How to get worked...a guide aka \"Have you ever seen this play at 2

betting the turn keeps those who aren't complete fucktards from going all fucktardish on you.
Old 04-29-2005, 03:51 PM

dude...UTG+2 can still CR the turn and MP2 may or may not overcall...what do you do then?
Old 04-29-2005, 03:53 PM

Default Results

I fold the river to two cold. No one has a club. I'm a fish. The end.
Old 04-29-2005, 03:55 PM

Bet the turn and call 1 back on your 2-outer to the mortal nuts.

Check the river behind.

-d
Old 04-29-2005, 03:56 PM

Default Re: How to get worked...a guide aka \"Have you ever seen this play at 2/4\"

[ QUOTE ]
2/4 Party Poker 10 handed

The turn action may be entirely too "creative" (at the cost of value); river is awful (I brought this upon myself)...

UTG+2 is laggy (he capped the turn against me HU with a bad top pair a few hands before, he is capable of bluff CR'ing and bets out the river on air regularly)

MP2 - I have no idea what he's doing, no reads, no stats. He seems to be mostly passive and has not done anything worthy of notice.

Hero is CO with T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

2 folds, UTG+2 calls, 4 folds, <font color="red"> Hero raises </font> , 3 folds, UTG+2 calls, MP2 calls

Flop: (7.5 SB) K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (3 players)

UTG+2 checks, MP2 checks, <font color="red"> Hero bets </font> , UTG+2 calls, MP2 calls

Turn: (5.25 BB) 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (3 players)
UTG+2 checks, MP2 checks, Hero checks (!!??)

I thought that I was in a "way ahead/way behind" situation. UTG+2 is capable of CR'ing on a bluff here; I really don't want to fold to a CR. Also, the same player will certainly bet the river without a club and MP2 will call with a smaller flush than mine. Is this too cute?

The other option was to bet the turn: if you just get called then you are betting the river; if UTG+2 CR's (MP2 would fold), I'd call the turn and either call a river bet or bet when checked to).

River: (5.25 BB) A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
UTG+2 bets (yeay!!), MP2 raises (doh!), Hero ??

I'll post results in a few minutes but I think you know where this is heading.

Thanks for all the criticism in advance,

Tash

[/ QUOTE ]

Hero folds.

Chop chop

[img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Old 04-29-2005, 03:58 PM

Default Re: How to get worked...a guide aka \"Have you ever seen this play at 2/4\"

The bigger question is whether 2/4 rando players are capable of making this "expert" play on the river?

The more likely option is this thought process: "oooh...monotone board EVERYONE has the same flush...i raise my flush."
Old 04-29-2005, 04:08 PM

If UTG+2 is capable of CR bluffing the turn, why would you fold? I would bet the turn call an UTG+2 CR then call the river or bet if checked to.
Old 04-29-2005, 04:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If UTG+2 is capable of CR bluffing the turn, why would you fold? I would bet the turn call an UTG+2 CR then call the river or bet if checked to.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 04-29-2005, 04:27 PM

Default Re: Results

and you go to princeton?