Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-12-2005, 02:04 PM

Default Re: Ive never been to a bar

Portland used to be known for having more strip clubs per capita than anywhere in the US.
If you are close to downtown area check out:
Mary's (oldest strip club in Portland)
Magic Garden in chinatown
Sassy's (used to be a lot better, but will do in a pinch)
Boom Boom Room II (not as good as the original but it's closer)
Safari Club
Cocktails and Dreams
Tommy's (These last 3 are close to each other and can be hopped if you wish)

Joe
Old 04-12-2005, 02:13 PM

i do mean portland oregon
Old 04-12-2005, 02:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
if your final tab is 5 bucks (I'm not sure what dive would have those prices), then it's pretty poor form to tip less than 2-3 dollars.

[/ QUOTE ]

any time i've gotten a bill that low, tipping less than $20-50 would have been a really dick move.

[/ QUOTE ]

I meant that when bar prices are actually that low. Obviously, if you ordered five Grey Goose martinis at a regular bar and got a tab that low, then you're tipping at least 20. Though it's a bit sketch, since the bartender just ripped off the bar to pocket a bigger tip.
Old 04-12-2005, 02:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i do mean portland oregon

[/ QUOTE ]

You haven't been to a bar, but what is your drink of choice? Are you much of a beer drinker? If so, one of the Rogue or McMenamin pubs are good places if you like good beer.
Old 04-12-2005, 02:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you mean Portland, Or. then unfortunately Doc's is closed. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] It is now called the Safari Club and I haven't been there to check it out, but yes Doc's was a great place up until the 6 months before they closed.

[/ QUOTE ]

Doc's is closed? Oh, man, that sucks. I haven't been to Portland in maybe a year and a half. Wow. That place was the greatest ever.

For those who haven't been, it was a strip club, kinda. It was more like a bar where chicks were dancing on the bar. Except they took their clothes off and they danced on stages instead of the bar. And they sometimes had punk rock bands play there. Just the greatest place to hang out.

There was another place like that which was much smaller than Doc's. Any idea what I might be thinking of?
Old 04-12-2005, 02:31 PM

i am a fan of good beer, ill check these places out when i get there. thanks
Old 04-12-2005, 02:58 PM

Then consider Widmer Bro.s also. People here kill for the Heffewisein (sp?)

Joe
Old 04-12-2005, 03:19 PM

El,
[ QUOTE ]
For those who haven't been, it was a strip club, kinda. It was more like a bar where chicks were dancing on the bar. Except they took their clothes off and they danced on stages instead of the bar. And they sometimes had punk rock bands play there. Just the greatest place to hang out.

[/ QUOTE ]
The place was always a very cool strip club. It was a place that a lot of guys brought there girlfriends and girls felt comfortable there. When they introduced rock bands it really made for a great hang out. Rock band on the main stage with fans groupies etc. Strippers on the other stages, and usually by the end of the night strippers were up on stage with the band. Plenty of single women (hot goth chicks) which is unusual for a strip club. There was a change in management and the place went down the tube pretty quickly.

[ QUOTE ]
There was another place like that which was much smaller than Doc's. Any idea what I might be thinking of?

[/ QUOTE ]
There was a small place on Glisan St. and about 20th, but that closed I think even before Doc's. Similar, also very cool but probably not what you're thinking of. If you think of the place let me know. I MISS DOC'S!!!

Joe
Old 04-13-2005, 05:32 AM

I have been informed that the other place I was thinking of was Sassy's Bar & Grill.