Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-27-2005, 04:02 AM

Default 5/10NL -- AK on K high rainbow -- huge turn raise...

Villian seems to be tight, but not aggressive nor passive. I believe my preflop call is fine. He bet the pot on the flop... should I have raised? His check on turn made me believe he has JJ or QQ, so I made a semi-small bet for information. Raise on turn is where I got confused.. I was pretty sure it was even money or I was ahead, so I jammed...

Comments???

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $10 BB (9 handed) converter

saw flop|<font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

UTG+1 ($2473)
MP1 ($909.55)
MP2 ($683)
MP3 ($1000)
Hero ($1113.60)
Button ($369.75)
SB ($850.60)
BB ($204.50)
UTG ($2007.75)

Preflop: Hero is CO with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls $10, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises to $50</font>, Hero calls $50, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP1 folds.

Flop: ($125) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets $120</font>, Hero calls $120.

Turn: ($365) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
MP3 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $120</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises to $520</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $943.6</font>, MP3 folds.

Final Pot: $1828.60

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
No showdown. Hero wins $1828.60. </font>
Old 06-27-2005, 04:48 AM

Default Re: 5/10NL -- AK on K high rainbow -- huge turn raise...

No reason to raise flop here really, probably best flop you could ask for with AKo. I think the reason he raised you on turn is because of ur small turn bet. He could very easily interpret it as a feeler or as a scared bet and felt he could take it away from you if he raised it big. I like smallish turn bets with big well disguised hands(bigger than tptk). I would think you're ahead on turn and would probably call and hope he dumps rest in on river.
Old 06-27-2005, 08:41 AM

Your logic behind the turn bet doesn't make much sense. You made a semi-bet, whatever that is, for information and he raises you $400 more.. then you jam? What information did his $400 bet give you?
Old 06-27-2005, 09:37 AM

this would actually be a pretty interesting hand, but you totally ruined it by giving results... when the guy checkraises you, thats where your post should end.
Old 06-27-2005, 12:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
this would actually be a pretty interesting hand, but you totally ruined it by giving results... when the guy checkraises you, thats where your post should end.

[/ QUOTE ]
Agreed.
Old 06-27-2005, 02:15 PM

others have keyed on this, but -

[ QUOTE ]
His check on turn made me believe he has JJ or QQ, so I made a semi-small bet for information. Raise on turn is where I got confused.. I was pretty sure it was even money or I was ahead, so I jammed...

[/ QUOTE ]

this is faulty logic. also, if you "do" make a bet for information purposes, then get raised, (ie you recieve the info you paid the price for) why dont you listen to your new information?

BTW, dub is a good friend of mine.
Old 06-27-2005, 04:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Your logic behind the turn bet doesn't make much sense. You made a semi-bet, whatever that is, for information and he raises you $400 more.. then you jam? What information did his $400 bet give you?

[/ QUOTE ]
The $400 bet showed weakness to me. If he had AA, I don't think he would raise that much on the turn. Do you think I should of bet more on the turn?

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I am a new poster, not too familiar with the posting etiquette. I will work on it.
Old 06-27-2005, 04:20 PM

What leads you to believe he is ahead on the turn other than the results?

I bet more on the turn and fold to a check/raise.
Old 06-27-2005, 04:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
others have keyed on this, but -

[ QUOTE ]
His check on turn made me believe he has JJ or QQ, so I made a semi-small bet for information. Raise on turn is where I got confused.. I was pretty sure it was even money or I was ahead, so I jammed...

[/ QUOTE ]

this is faulty logic. also, if you "do" make a bet for information purposes, then get raised, (ie you recieve the info you paid the price for) why dont you listen to your new information?

BTW, dub is a good friend of mine.

[/ QUOTE ]

That makes sense... I believe if he miniraised me it would have showed more strength that a $400 raise. Now that I look at the hand again, my logic seems a little off...

I guess I jammed on the turn because of my read and instinct rather than logic.