Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-07-2005, 07:46 PM

Default Re: People getting tazed

I don't think the cop is in anyway, shape, or form on a power trip, he's polite and asks serveral times.

And swatting a police officer IS assault she is attempting to do bodily harm, furthermore it's interfering with a police officer while he discharges his duties, which IS a misdemenor, in VA, NY,NC, and FL from what I know. I mean if swatting is "not" bodily harm (because yea it's not going to do a lot of physical damage) when do you classify something as bodily harm? I mean a tazer is like 2 seconds of pain, about as long lasting as a slap.

As far as "appearing dangerous" that strikes me as a naive statment. The most dangerous situations are often dangerous BECAUSE they don't appear that way. Furthermore I think someone who obviously has no respect for a police officer, who is driving on a suspended license and disregards several requests might actually hit the dangerous line. I mean how much more dangerous do you have to get before you're being shot at, or someone is trying to stab you?

I think if this officer was on a "power" trip, when she swats him away he would have pulled out the old PR-4 and gone to town on her skull. But maybe I'm wrong, good thing we have juries.

I have no doubt that when this goes to court or when it did it was ruled as unlawful use of force, I'm just stating my opinion.