Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-22-2004, 12:00 AM

Default maybe a little chip dumping between annie and howard? why not?

once it got 3 handed with the family vs. phil, im pretty sure that annie and howard were waiting for legit hand for both of them to go all-in vs each other. i mean why not? i would do it with my sister if it were for 2 mill, heck, we could split the money later. 66 vs. 77 hand was perfect oppurtunity for these 2 to either get annie some more chips or give howard a quick double up. I personally like annie, but dammit, why the emotions when you play your brother? you need to prepare yourself better, you realize you both cant win, dont you?
Old 09-22-2004, 12:02 AM

Default Re: maybe a little chip dumping between annie and howard? why not?

Congratulations, this is stupid post 1 million on the WPT forum! Your reward, a flood of replies!
Old 09-22-2004, 12:05 AM

Default Re: maybe a little chip dumping between annie and hrd? why not?

NO WAY THERE WAS WAY TOO MUCH EMOTION FOR THERE TO BE CHIP DUMPING THERE. IM ABSOLUTLEY POSITIVE THEY WANTED TO BE THE FINAL TWO.
Old 09-22-2004, 12:21 AM

I am so offended at this suggestion that I can't even believe it. That is not something in the realm of either Howard's or my possibilities. In fact, I can't even believe I am dignifying this with a response.

Annie
Old 09-22-2004, 12:43 AM

With bozos like these who feel the need to tear down anyone who succeeds at anyhing, and who act like anyone they see on TV isn't a real person with real feelings, I'm just glad you haven't let them completely turn you off from reading and posting here.
Old 09-22-2004, 12:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
once it got 3 handed with the family vs. phil, im pretty sure that annie and howard were waiting for legit hand for both of them to go all-in vs each other.

[/ QUOTE ]

What the hell is that supposed to mean? So you think they were supposed to be waiting for complete crap to go all-in against each other?
Old 09-22-2004, 12:49 AM

Such an allegation is pretty severe. You're accusing Annie and Howard of collusion. I didn't see anything that would even remotely justify such a statement. I think Howard thought he had the best hand, Annie put him on a bluff and/or overcards--end of story. I mean, while I think Annie's call was questionable, it was at least justifiable; after all, I would think she has a pretty good read on her (freaking) brother.

Seriously, there is no justification for such an accusation. I have obviously never met Annie nor Howard in my life, but I'm willing (or, possibly, naive enough) to believe that they are above such obvious collusion--on live TV, no less.
Old 09-22-2004, 12:56 AM

I agree. I didn't really like Annie's call, but collusion..geez.

But of course it is always fun watching Phil whine like everything always goes against him ("If it wasn't for bad luck, I would win everytime"); apparently forgetting that if he hadn't caught the miracle 10 to knock out Johnny Chan's KK he wouldn't of even had a chance at the $2 million.

Frank
Old 09-22-2004, 01:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I am so offended at this suggestion that I can't even believe it. That is not something in the realm of either Howard's or my possibilities. In fact, I can't even believe I am dignifying this with a response.

Annie

[/ QUOTE ]

im sorry, i did not intend to offend you annie. I actually was thinking from a pure strategic standpoint. and im not saying that you guys did indeed do this. anyways, much respect and congratulations.
Old 09-22-2004, 01:09 AM

Again what they didn't show explains my call there. Howard got all those chips by raising all-in almost every hand he played. He was playing super aggressive all-in poker. My hand rated to be the best hand there and I am willing to gamble on a race to get a hold of a lot of chips in a winner-take-all situation where I was definitely not the best player left. I was not going to outplay my brother. he is a better player than me. There is nothing extra for coming in second over first. So I will gamble there with what rates to be the best hand. I got unlucky that he had an overpair.

Annie