Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-15-2005, 03:25 PM

Default Re: PPM Steps, On someone elses account.

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks for the replies. I think I might try the wait-for-it-to-expire route.

[/ QUOTE ]
If I remember correctly, Party never voluntarily gave people money for their unused steps. So there may still be some begging involved.

However, I didn't have unused steps, so I'm just going off rumors/memory of reading the forum around wsop '05.
Old 11-15-2005, 03:35 PM

When they restructured the Step Highers I got money for all the freerolls instead of freerolls into the new ones.
Old 11-15-2005, 03:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I think it would be freaking cool if you were in a position where you HAD to teach your sister to play and she somehow pulled this off.

[/ QUOTE ]

if you do this you should definitely document the process with a video camera. with a minimum editing budget you could even surpass "TILT." Just make sure you get a clip of her calling you on her cell phone saying, "Oh my god, I'm sitting at _____'s table!"
Old 11-15-2005, 03:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There was some confusion over what would happen with the WSOP steps...but I believe that Benal reported that people actually did get refunds in the end (when at first party kept insisting there would be no refunds and they would simply expire).

[/ QUOTE ]

Right.. I did get refunded for the WSOP freerolls I had, but it was a HUGE hassle. I made at least 10 phone calls, and got the runaround multiple times.
Old 11-15-2005, 04:16 PM

There weren't that many big-name players on the cruise last year.

Part of it had to do with the WSOP-circuit event at the Rio at the same time...but I think part of it was just the limit-structure and the length of taking the cruise itself.

No Negreneau or Hellmuth or Ivey or Harman or Brunson or Chan, Cloutier, Seed, Raymer, etc. (however, Negreneau finished 2nd the year before).

There was Greenstein, Ferguson, Lindgren, Fischman, Chip and Katrina Jett (I was at Chip's table for a little while), Liebert, Judah, Paul Darden, Hennigan and a few others.

But the tourney was 90% online-qualifiers and 10% direct buy-in's (this was posted somewhere on there).
Old 11-15-2005, 04:24 PM

OK you guys have convinced me. I'm gonna use the step 5 (probably at the w/e) and see if I can't get my sis into the PPM. If I drop below step 3 I will just give up. Will report back here next week about how it went.

Your right, the comedy/coolness factor of my sister in the PPM is not to be missed. She's a pretty attractive/charming young lady, so the whole video diary could work great.... If she finidhed ITM it would be frigging hilarous.
Old 11-15-2005, 06:28 PM

I mostly meant to document the situation and delivering a crash course in poker with the particular goal in mind.

even a diary would be an interesting read for you two later on, if noone else.