Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-02-2005, 10:54 AM

Default Re: Ladies..... ladies in reeeeeedddd.....

Generally, I would call looking to check-raise all-in on a non ace/king flop.

If villain is solid his opening range is something like AA-TT/AK. If you push villain likely folds TT/JJ and gets it all in with the other hands. So by calling and seeing the flop you often get him to continue bet with hands like TT/JJ and a missed AK. You can then push and prevent him from drawing to his Ace/King or pot commit him as a serious under dog with a hand he'd have folded preflop. You can also save yourself from going broke if the flop obviously hit the hands in his range strongly.
Old 11-02-2005, 11:12 AM

raises to 5.7k. Calls a push. Pushes any flop with no A. Check/folds A-high flops and asks for a change of music.
Old 11-02-2005, 11:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
raises to 5.7k. Calls a push. Pushes any flop with no A. Check/folds A-high flops and asks for a change of music.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like it but I don't know if I check fold an Ace high flop as I might be able to make KK fold. But yeah I like ur line better than my tarzan one I think.
Old 11-02-2005, 12:16 PM

Push. If you were in position, I could see an argument for a call. I don't like the idea of raising small because 1) you probably want it heads up and 2) your opponent can easily play correctly against you on the flop.
Old 11-02-2005, 01:14 PM

"....are dancing with me....cheek to cheek...."

Chris Deburgh - Nice.

I think if you raise here you're probably pot committed anyway as others have said. If you do raise to say 3000 and an A hits are you folding to any bet?

Since you're out of position and leading out post-flop I think I raise to 3000 here and push on any non Ace-King flop. If you do raise pre-flop and villain pushes it's an insta-call IMO.