Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-02-2005, 07:06 PM

Default Re: Coldcalling QQ preflop

if mp3 is very solid i make it $120 pf. you save alot when he has aa/kk and make alot when he has TT/JJ

make a $150 raise on the flop. all hands will be clearly defined from that point on.
Old 12-02-2005, 09:14 PM

Default Re: Coldcalling QQ preflop

[ QUOTE ]
if mp3 is very solid i make it $120 pf. you save alot when he has aa/kk and make alot when he has TT/JJ

[/ QUOTE ]

not sure I agree with this, though I can see it being viable against certain opponents....basically, with position I like flat-calling with QQ because you can usually tell postflop if the guy has AA/KK as opposed TT/JJ - BUT - if he does have TT/JJ you get much more value out of him than if you reraise.....i.e. - if you reraise with QQ and the board comes all unders, many guys'll get away from TT/JJ whereas you'll often be able to get some money out of them when you don't reraise.....

the other thing is that when the opponent has AK/AQ you don't take the lead away from them by reraising....I've many times won two and sometimes three barrels from an unimproved AK when the board came raggedy and he had no idea he was up against queens.....