Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-14-2005, 02:46 AM

Default Missing a page? Dbl check 4 me plz - How good is your limit holdem?

Can one of you guys hook up a fellow 2+2er and check your copy to see if I am missing page? I need to make sure if it is an actual error or if the book is just fine.
I dont want to have to go through hassle of doing an exchange through Amazon.

The book is "How good is your limit hold'em?" by Byron Jacobs with Jim Brier.

Page 19 looks fine and the very last sentence at the bottom of the page reads, "Hopefully this book will help you to arrive at the correct decisions to pursue these joint strategies."

I turn the page to page 20 and the entire page is blank.

Next page is page 21 and it list "Hand 1: Bizarre Bunch" along with the introduction ...page 21 looks fine.

Is this correct that page 20 is suppose to be completely blank or am I actually missing page 20?

Thanks!
Old 12-14-2005, 03:46 AM

Default Re: Missing a page? Dbl check 4 me plz - How good is your limit holdem?

Page 20 is indeed blank. It is customary to start new sections of a book on a right hand page.
Old 12-14-2005, 07:51 AM

Default Re: Missing a page? Dbl check 4 me plz - How good is your limit holde

So now that you have started to write pokerbooks Byron, I guess that there will be no more books on The Benko Gambit .. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 12-14-2005, 08:52 AM

Default Chess

Which leads me to my next question ... Poker has made me stop playing Chess, I am the only one or is this commen ??
Old 12-14-2005, 10:15 AM

Default Re: Missing a page? Dbl check 4 me plz - How good is your limit holdem?

Thank you. Yea I knew about starting a new section on the right hand side, I just did not know if there was more to the previous section that would have continued on page 20. Even though it is pretty self explanatory as far as "how to use this book," but for some reason I just felt you would have gone into it more in this section. Such as how to score yourself, determining the total points depending on what answer you make, averages of overall score, etc.

Good book so far. I especially like your idea of start to finish of a hand instead of the discuss the flop sectio, then turn section, then river section with different hands each time. Much better idea, great work!
Old 12-14-2005, 10:22 AM

Default Re: Darts

No, but poker has killed my darts. I used to travel to all of the major tournaments in the U.S. in hopes of making a couple of thousand per year. Now I stay home and make that in a few weeks.
Old 12-14-2005, 11:00 AM

Oh dear. It sounds like you are rather relieved that my chess book writing career has come to an end. I certainly am - but I was rather hoping that readers might feel otherwise.

Anyway the Benko is no good - just loses a pawn for nothing. However, it did take me 20 years to spot that. The Nimzo-Indian is a uch better bet.
Old 12-14-2005, 11:08 AM

Default Re: Chess

I think its very common. I know a ton of moderate standard chessplayers (international master standard) who are now focussing on Poker. For a decent chessplayer, poker is not that difficult a game to pick up. Of course, Poker can be highly complex but the learning curve to become a competent player is very much steeper in chess.

However, the key point is that the rewards in chess are utterly pathetic. The top ten players make decent money, but noone else. There is very much more scope for excellence to be rewarded in poker.
Old 12-14-2005, 11:15 AM

No not relieved ... I enjoed your book, especialy the one you wrote win Andrew, after strugling against the Benko always, I finally was able to put a dent in it.

Anyways I have bought your limitpoker book, saving it for the hollidays though .. I sure has gotten good reviews, but one remark from me, That big glossy ad for some obscure site at the end of the book is annoying and ruins the feel of the book .. *Shaking my head* [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-14-2005, 11:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
That big glossy ad for some obscure site is annoying and ruins the feel of the book .. *Shaking my head* [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

OK. When we are a major international publishing company with a huge turnover then I promise we won't accept ads any more. Until then....