Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications

Old 12-08-2005, 01:13 PM

Default New 2 + 2 Author

Of the posters on this site who have not yet written a poker book, who would you most like to see write one (would be able to do an excellent job communicating his/her ideas)? And what type of game would you want them to write it for?

Just a hypothetical..
Old 12-08-2005, 01:29 PM

Default Re: New 2 + 2 Author

i did a whole writeup on stuff i'd like to see in a new harrington or miller NL book.

basically, i think there's enough stuff out there about limit, and the good loose action seems to have shifted to shorthanded and no-limit (including SNG's).

and harrington's existing stuff is good too. but i think we need more medium zone stuff and SNG (or shorter tournament). seems like i'm always feeling some pressure from blinds. and realistically, how many of us are going to play in a 3-4 day tournament anytime soon?

sorry, i guess you meant actual new authors, ... but basically, a real need for detailed no-limit books for the masses.
Old 12-08-2005, 02:27 PM

I wish that Ray Zee wasn't so engrossed in beavers and snow that he could find the time to write more books.
Old 12-08-2005, 03:18 PM

I'd like to see Tommy Angelo write a book on the mental side of the game. I'd also be interested in someone writing a LHE six max book, but I don't know who would. I think Andy B. could probably put together some good material on beating low limit stud games too.
Maybe TT could write a book about picking up chicks? Mason probaby wouldn't publish it though...
Old 12-08-2005, 03:49 PM

El Diablo
Old 12-08-2005, 05:11 PM

I'd love to see myself get even close to finished with the one I'm working on right now. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 12-08-2005, 07:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I wish that Ray Zee wasn't so engrossed in beavers and snow that he could find the time to write more books.

[/ QUOTE ]

I too know the burden of being so engrossed in beavers that other obligations fall by the wayside. Godspeed, Mr. Zee - keep fighting the good fight.
Old 12-08-2005, 07:05 PM

Greg Raymer.
Old 12-08-2005, 11:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd like to see Tommy Angelo write a book on the mental side of the game. I'd also be interested in someone writing a LHE six max book, but I don't know who would. I think Andy B. could probably put together some good material on beating low limit stud games too.
Maybe TT could write a book about picking up chicks? Mason probaby wouldn't publish it though...

[/ QUOTE ]

Speaking of which, how are you doing with the lady of your dreams? I haven't seen an update yet...

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 12-09-2005, 11:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's hard to type when you have to wear giant fur mittens because it's -30 outside.