Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Computer Technical Help

Old 08-11-2005, 02:06 AM

Default When 8 tabling++, are Dual Monitors a must?

Hi, i have just started with 8 tables, since i think 4 tables is going to slow. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I play NL .25/.50 mostly. So far it is going very well,
but im only using a high-res monitor, so i cant see all action(s) on the tables, since i only can see about 50% of all the tables. So reading my opponent, i forget. i cant put a note on anybody, since its going so fast to even see if your oppoent(s) are a fish or pro gamer..when playing 8 tables, you need to keep track/read for about 72 players at the same time [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

And i even if i had dual monitors it seems like it will be hard, since it is a pretty high speed when you are 8 tabling.

So i was wondering, is Dual monitors a must? and when you 8 table++, do you just sit and wait for nuts, and forget all about reading your opponent?

Thanks for answers. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-11-2005, 02:18 AM

Default Re: When 8 tabling++, are Dual Monitors a must?

I'd highly recommend at LEAST two monitors for 8-tabling. I use two monitors to 4-table.
Old 08-11-2005, 02:32 AM

the most tables i comfortably played on one low resolution moniter was 6. i now have 2 20" LCD's that do the 1600x1200. i kick myself in the butt for not getting them sooner.
Old 08-11-2005, 02:51 AM

u can dowload a program that will let u do 8 tables even on the smallest screen. It brings the active table in to the corner and keeps it there untill u act on it. It's called multi table helper, just do a search of the boards to find it. u can multitable 8 tables even on the slowest of computers with it.
Old 08-11-2005, 03:13 AM

But even with Dual monitors and stuff when playing 8 tables+, do u guys manage to read other players? or are you just folding until you got ~nuts?
Old 08-11-2005, 01:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
But even with Dual monitors and stuff when playing 8 tables+, do u guys manage to read other players? or are you just folding until you got ~nuts?

[/ QUOTE ]

I still manage to watch most flops, but I don't have time to take notes. I 6-8 table SNGS and MTTs though, which are a bit easier than ring games to multitable.
Old 08-11-2005, 07:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously Scooter,
Unless you are some kind of idiot savante the best thing you can hope for is to play solid ABC poker which is plenty good for 8 tables along with possibly PT and PAH to give you a bit of a read on those tough calls, you just aren't going to have time bro...

I use a 1024X768 laptop with MTH and do 6-8 tables

One Street at a Time
wdbaker Denver, Co