Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em

Old 05-31-2004, 12:38 PM

Default Was my hand too readable?

An early-middle player (EM) raises. It folds to me , and I raise it up, TylerDurden, immediately to my left, caps it, and the two of us call. EM plays a little too many hands, and has a habit of paying off. He has been showing down a lot of any two over ten hands, but has not been raising alot. Tyler has been pretty straight-forward so far.

The flop comes down Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. Checked to me and I bet, Tyler raises, and EM calls, I three-bet and it gets called around.

The turn and river blank off and my bets are called in both places.

What do I have? Should I have tried to disguise my hand a bit more? I liked the way I played this hand, but three players with good+ hand reading abilities knew exactly what I had and I wonder if I should have been less straightforward.

-Huh
Old 05-31-2004, 12:57 PM

Default Re: Was my hand too readable?

You have represented aces or queens, and you were paid off by both players. Maybe they did know exactly what you held... it doesn't seem to have done them any good.
Old 05-31-2004, 01:18 PM

The reason your hand is so easy to read is because of the texture of the flop. Q rag rag and your willingness to fire into the capper.
Old 05-31-2004, 04:37 PM

If you had AA,KK I would 3 bet the flop.

If you had QQ I would CR Tyler and other guy on the turn.

From pre-flop/flop action it sounds like Tyler has AA or KK and other dumb animal has a Q or something bad. Either way I think Tyler is for sure betting the turn here and presents a good time CR with QQ.

Why are you mad btw. Sounds like you got paid off nicely. There is nothing wrong with playing your hands in a straightforward manner like this, it makes the game a lot easier and who knows you might have got max value by playing this way.

-builtiz
Old 06-01-2004, 02:42 AM

If you have QQ, I hate it.

If you have AA or KK, I like it.

If you have AA, KK, QQ, or AQ and Tyler has JJ, I love it.
Old 06-01-2004, 01:16 PM

did i join that table yet or was i still at the other one? can't really remember.

in general does it matter that the good hand readers know what you have when you are still getting paid off?

-Barron

PS- the "resident pro" at that game oftentimes nails my hand dead on without much trouble since i play ABC for the most part there and he's chillen' in the box with nothing but reading to do. it was brought up somehow about playing him heads up and i'm of the opinion that although he'd clearly beat anybody there HU, he would not be anywhere near as likely to read our hands since we'd no longer be playing ABC. Basically, the point is, just because the folks who read know what you have, doesn't mean others (those who are paying you off) know.