Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar

Old 12-23-2005, 12:15 PM

Default Can a dealer do this?

I am playing a live MTT the other night, and we get down to 2 tables so they rope off the area. One of the players (everyone knew his name so I assume he is a regular) would turn and talk to his wife who was sitting behind him whenever he wasn't involved in the action.

He was sitting to my right when I got JJ. I raised it 3X BB in LP and everyone folded. I flashed the table my cards and mucked them. Just then the talkative guy turns around and asks, "What did he have?" The dealer tells him, "Pocket jacks." Then they guy asked, "How much did he raise?" And the dealer said, "2400, three times the big blind." Is this ok?

Was it the dealer's place to do this?

P.S.
How do you handle this situation: The guy who speculates about your hand when he is not involved in the hand? Example, it is HU on the river and I check raise my FH, but as my opponent is milling over whether to call or not a player no longer in the hand will say (to look like a genius, not to be helpful), "Oh, he made his straight," causing my opponent to muck.
Old 12-23-2005, 12:18 PM

Default Re: Can a dealer do this?

I don't have any problems with the dealer.

"Oh he made his straight" guy needs to have his balls cut off. I would probably make a scene.
Old 12-23-2005, 12:24 PM

The dealer isn't giving out any information that you didn't give out. You showed your cards, by that right anyone at the table has a right to know what you had. Same thing with the bet.

Melch
Old 12-23-2005, 12:26 PM

SS,

You showed your hand to the table, so yes, that's OK.

Re: the other guy, I just ask him to please not talk about hands he's not in. If he does it again, I punch him in the face.
Old 12-23-2005, 12:26 PM

Dealer is fine, the table saw your cards and thus it's now public information. A recap of the betting is fine too I think.
Old 12-23-2005, 12:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
SS,

You showed your hand to the table, so yes, that's OK.

Re: the other guy, I just ask him to please not talk about hands he's not in. If he does it again, I punch him in the face.

[/ QUOTE ]

Got that right.

ScottieK
Old 12-23-2005, 01:23 PM

The dealer CANNOT review the details / amounts of the hand after the fact. They can't even state the size of the pot during the hand IF ASKED (unless it is specifically a POT LIMIT game). The dealer was WAY out of line. The only thing they can do is tell you what the current bet is, nothing more. If you weren't paying attention it is NOT the dealer's place to fill you in on what you missed while you were yakking.

The player who was yapping during your hand also demonstrated a MAJOR breech of ettiquette. SHUT YOUR DAMN YAP ALREADY during a hand, you CANNOT speculate on what someone has / doesn't have or should / shouldn't do. The dealer should have immediately said something about that as well.

al
Old 12-23-2005, 01:30 PM

The only part of what the dealer did that was inappropriate was commenting that the bet was three times the big blind. He should have simply stated "2400" and not made any further comment.
Old 12-23-2005, 01:34 PM

You are right Al, I misread the question and thought the bet was to talking guy and he was asking, now I reread it and realized that yapping guy had already folded. But I don't think telling him that the player falshed JJ was wrong because it is show one show all.
Old 12-23-2005, 01:37 PM

Default My bad guys...

I forgot to mention that both the dealer and the speculator should be KICKED IN THE NUTS~!

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

al