Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits

Old 10-21-2005, 04:40 PM

Default Re: KK vs turn donk...

[ QUOTE ]
I fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would usually fold this as well. Why do we not want to give credit to an unknown UTG for an A or better here when he bets into 2 players on the expensive street? Especially at 1/2?
Old 10-21-2005, 04:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would usually fold this as well. Why do we not want to give credit to an unknown UTG for an A or better here when he bets into 2 players on the expensive street? Especially at 1/2?

[/ QUOTE ]
I misread the action. A fold wouldn't be terrible, but I ilke raising as the last money I put into the pot as some posters already suggested better.
Old 10-21-2005, 04:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I misread the action. A fold wouldn't be terrible, but I ilke raising as the last money I put into the pot as some posters already suggested better.

[/ QUOTE ]

I raise this against aggressive players but with no read I usually fold (maybe I played too much PokerStars). What range of hands is everyone thinking UTG is betting here? Flush draw? 7+flush draw? Flush draw + gs? Total bluff?
Old 10-21-2005, 05:07 PM

My initial thought was that it was 4-ways on the turn and one player yet to act, ie he donked into 2 players. In this case I think it's a fold because the donk have to realise that he have zero folding equity when betting and the risk we're up against an A is greater against 4 players.

But in this situation I think he'll be bluffing or betting an inferior holding/draw at least 25% which is enough for us to raise for a free sd.

And this is most certainly a peculiar bet:
"A peculiar bet is likely to some from either a bluff or a really strong hand." - Sklansky

EDIT: I'm not sure that quote is 100% correct, but he has said something like that... [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 10-21-2005, 06:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
But in this situation I think he'll be bluffing or betting an inferior holding/draw at least 25% which is enough for us to raise for a free sd.

[/ QUOTE ]
Maybe it's just me, but it seems to be a tad strange to straight out bluff a preflop raiser when an A hits the flop. Unless of course he guessed (correctly) that I had a high pocket pair.

As for a draw, he certainly doesn't have a flush draw considering he had the perfect position to raise the flop for value. I can't imagine he'd pass that up in favor of betting the turn when his odds of hitting the flush are now halved. I really don't see any other draws unless he's donkbetting a five outter.
Old 10-21-2005, 06:16 PM

I say it would seem UTG was waiting for the turn to act like he had an Ace, it could even be possible he was holding AJ and only limped from UTG with it...I would say your still behind here and I would fold..
Hades18
Old 10-21-2005, 06:25 PM

Wow, great analysis, I'll have to look out for this. Very good point about the fact that there's only one player left to act.

Thanks!
Old 10-21-2005, 07:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe it's just me, but it seems to be a tad strange to straight out bluff a preflop raiser when an A hits the flop. Unless of course he guessed (correctly) that I had a high pocket pair.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, it's strange, but we have to realise there's no hand he could hold that makes perfect sense.

[ QUOTE ]
As for a draw, he certainly doesn't have a flush draw considering he had the perfect position to raise the flop for value.

[/ QUOTE ]
First of all check/raising this flop with a fd would be a bad play from UTG. No reason for him to risk getting 3-betting and losing a costumer with slim equity. Better to call and check/raise when he hits his hand and have much greater equity. With added value from a gut-shot I still wouldn't be check/raising this flop.

But it's true, putting him on a draw makes no sense, but as said putting him on any hand that makes sense is hard. Could he have a weak ace afraid of giving a freecard? Possible, but I don't like that play. A7 or 77 betting because he improved his hand? Possible, but these hands should go for a check/raise, he has no reason to suspect we're not betting this turn. I think this bet is full of [censored] at least 25% of the time, may it be a draw semi bluffing, 2nd pair or a pure bluff. This is a strange bet, so I think it's worth it to look him up.