Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-12-2005, 09:40 PM

Default Re: Another Boring Stats Post

What stands out to me is that you made a nice chunk of loot.
Old 10-12-2005, 09:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Great stats. I am especially impressed with your level 1 and 2 BB/100.

You are not being agressive enough when there are 4-5 players and the blinds are getting big. You also need to play the bubble just a tad more agressively. Don't let yourself get ITM with a low chipstack that much, if you can control it. Also, try to play a little more agressive 3-handed.

I know you don't have a lot of games but these stats are very promising.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I have been trying to ramp up my aggression in these spots, I have this tendancy to coast through a level or two then jump up in aggression. I'm not sure if that is because I hit a spot where I am deep in several tournies and have some trouble keeping up with all the action or if I get in a lot of 8-12BB spots where I usually wait for a bigger hand or for my stack to get a little shorter.

I don't think I fire enough naked pushes 3 handed.

Great comments, thanks.
Old 10-12-2005, 09:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How are your stats playing from the blinds until level 4?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll look tonight or tomorrow and report back.
Old 10-13-2005, 09:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
How are your stats playing from the blinds until level 4?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll look tonight or tomorrow and report back.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lev SB BB
15/30 -.14 -.12
30/60 -.06 -.10
50/100 -.02 -.09
100/200 -.08 0.10

For ref I have about 1.5Khands in each blind in level 4, and these are ptbb.
Old 10-13-2005, 09:39 AM

I have played a fair amount of tournies with you and you seem like a good player. These stats would seem to confirm that.

The thing that jumps out at me is the win rate you have in level 1 is way way below mine. I am on a new computer and don't have my PT stats but I know that my level 1 win rate is a lot higher than what yours is. If these were my stats I would investigate my strategy in level 1. There are usually 1 or 2 guys just trying their hardest to give away chips, get some.

Looks like you also need to push more when BB is 500. Or call more. Or maybe call less. Hard to say with only this info.

Congrats on a nice run, 15% is nothing to sneeze at.
Old 10-13-2005, 09:47 AM

I know pretty close to 0 when it comes to analyzing this stuff, but it looks like you're finishing 4th a bit much.. i'd think the finishes should slope downward more from 1-4. And obviously getting it to do so would increase ROI considerably.
Old 10-13-2005, 10:04 AM

If you could rearrange the finishes where some 4ths were distributed to 1, 2 & 3 it would undoubtedly be a good thing. Unfortunately, one needs to bust out on the bubble a fair amount in his pursuit to get enough chips to have a serious chance to make 1st.

This distribution is good. Newt Buggs I think had one that I liked more, more 4ths but more 1sts too, if I remember correctly.
Old 10-13-2005, 10:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The thing that jumps out at me is the win rate you have in level 1 is way way below mine. I am on a new computer and don't have my PT stats but I know that my level 1 win rate is a lot higher than what yours is. If these were my stats I would investigate my strategy in level 1. There are usually 1 or 2 guys just trying their hardest to give away chips, get some.

[/ QUOTE ]I'm struggling with this. The advice in this forum is generally to be very conservatively in the early levels which doesn't leave one well placed to take advantage of the guys who are trying to give their chips away.

A while back, on the first hand of a SNG there were two decent sized raises in front of me, I held KK and pushed. The one call I got was from someone with K6o. Everybody has seen early all-in confrontations that left you shaking your head: "How could he call, I had those hands beat?" But, if you loosen your calling requirements, you'll inevitably run into a great hand, or an outdraw, and be first out.

I guess the question is: how many early double ups do you need to compensate for the early exit? And, for those playig lots of tables: can you afford to spend the time on these matters when you can get a decent ROI just by surviving to the later levels?

(Yes, I realize that it's not just the early all-ins, but similar questions apply to the times when you might be risking 1/3-1/2 your stack in the very early going.)
Old 10-13-2005, 11:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I know pretty close to 0 when it comes to analyzing this stuff, but it looks like you're finishing 4th a bit much.. i'd think the finishes should slope downward more from 1-4. And obviously getting it to do so would increase ROI considerably.

[/ QUOTE ]

strassa has a little bit about this on his web sight. to summarize, you want your highest distribution to be 1st places. the way this is done is by bubble aggression for the most part. placing 4th is a byproduct of bubble aggression and as such should be your second highest finish distribution.
Old 10-13-2005, 11:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

strassa has a little bit about this on his web sight. to summarize, you want your highest distribution to be 1st places. the way this is done is by bubble aggression for the most part. placing 4th is a byproduct of bubble aggression and as such should be your second highest finish distribution.

[/ QUOTE ]

I concur!

I would think an optimal ratio would something look like this:

4:3:2:3.5