Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-16-2005, 07:23 AM

Default Re: Why is it that so many people on 2+2 drive me insane? OT

wow, I just went and read the mtt thread your refering too. The arguments your talking about YOU started. Read the thread carefully curtains. Everytime it turns confrontational with ideas being openly attacked instead of discussed you start the attack. The main person your arguing with, SoBeDude, happens to be a hell of a player, and one of the more friendly players I know of.

If you really want to figure this out, reread that thread carefully, watching for when the tone becomes confrontational. That will tell you everything you need to know.

Steve
Old 09-16-2005, 07:31 AM

You post good. I know what you're talking about because there was a time, not so long ago, when I used to get into quarrels with people on a daily basis around these boards, many of those people were idiots (not all, of course! not only idiots argued with me... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] also smart people. I apologize in advance) and I really spent a lot of energy in some occasions, with pretty minor results. What's the point? It takes an idiot to argue with an idiot.

Sure it can be very frustrating to defend your position against people who don't really understand some basic stuff (although I don't care too much about being insulted except for in certain cases, when the insulting posters are extremely clueless). It can probably be a good practice in ego-management or something, but really it doesn't matter much. Let some people think whatever they want. "You can't win them all", etc. Weak-tight? whatever. At least they don't call you a troll, like some people called me a few times when I was exceptionally aggressive with my criticism.

In any case, as much as I enjoy arguing and saying things like "well that's absurd", and I do like it, I now try not to pay such attention when people post and write stupid stuff. It helps I think, because 2+2 is full with stupid stuff. Anyway I read and post here much less than I used to, so that's a difference too I guess.
Old 09-16-2005, 08:36 AM

such nonsense!! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 09-16-2005, 09:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I've definitely become a more agressive player as a result of your posts.

[/ QUOTE ]

I feel the same way. In fact more than a few times I directly recall posts of yours that led me to more aggressive plays. Oh FWIW, a while ago you responded to a post of mine with very encouraging words that I will not soon forget.
Old 09-16-2005, 09:42 AM

Did you even UNDERSTAND what I was saying?

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 09-16-2005, 10:00 AM

weak tight chump
Old 09-16-2005, 02:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
lol, ok I get out of control sometimes when I feel someone is insulting me, or dismissing my idea in a really arrogant way. That's why I wish people would stop [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

this post is really weak tight....i mean..."passive"

I just tell them my bad can beat up their dad and they shut up. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

really...just ignore it. Half of the people here like "posting" more than poker.
Old 09-16-2005, 03:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
wow, I just went and read the mtt thread your refering too. The arguments your talking about YOU started. Read the thread carefully curtains. Everytime it turns confrontational with ideas being openly attacked instead of discussed you start the attack. The main person your arguing with, SoBeDude, happens to be a hell of a player, and one of the more friendly players I know of.

If you really want to figure this out, reread that thread carefully, watching for when the tone becomes confrontational. That will tell you everything you need to know.

Steve

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course my tone becomes confrontational. What bugged me is he called me "absolutely wrong" about some topic that was just so insane and then went on to discuss the situation to me as though I had learned to play poker yesterday.

Of course I overreacted as well [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Also I am a huge child, but okay I really feel that this guy made very little sense, and had no reason to call me "absolutely incorrect", when all I was saying was to basically have an open mind and be flexible.
Old 09-16-2005, 04:17 PM

well, for what it's worth, he easily makes my top 10 list for online mtt players. Anytime he tells me something that I might have done wrong, and he's nice enough to point out my errors even though he shouldn't, I put alot of thought into it. He's ussualy correct, and doesn't mind explaining his reasoning. Next time you might try "I thought ...... why do you think .....? I don't understand why there is a big difference" He would probably explain why he thinks what he thinks. And you could explain why you think what you think. Makes the thread much more interesting and useful.

Steve
Old 09-16-2005, 04:42 PM

Its also kind of foolish to make another post about it. You are a good poster but do you really need to post a complain post about another post? Wutev, you are a mad good poster but honestly.