Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-24-2005, 06:46 PM

Default Figuring out where I want to go with my life

Meh, I don't know why I'm posting this on an internet forum, but the people here are all older than me, and hopefully, wiser, and also are a lot like me in temperament and the way they think.

Here's my situation right now:
Going to be an HS Senior who's probably going to graduate and finish up his degree.
Personally very interested in game-playing in general, and how to maximize stuff, basic economics, etc.
I'm also introverted, and a bit obsessive, and I'd like to improve my social skills. Also, I'm lazy as hell.
Personally, I'm quite well off, and I can get into a good college pretty easily, though not a great one.

I'm going to be applying for college in a few months, and I kinda need direction on where I should go, what I should do, and if there are any things besides college that I would really enjoy.

Any advice would be very helpful.
Old 08-24-2005, 07:40 PM

Default Re: Figuring out where I want to go with my life

im lazy. being a pro poker player fits well w/ that.
Old 08-24-2005, 08:05 PM

Where precisely did you make those 4k posts? I've never heard of you before. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 08-24-2005, 08:23 PM

Ever done any volunteer work?
you have to explore your options and decide what suits you....
Since you say that you are lazy I probably wouldn't look into the medical industry...but maybe Academia is your thing...you could go for extensive graduate level research in a subject of your liking...since you say that you are pretty well off then this might be an option for you since it is not a very lucrative profession to be in...I don't know what else lazy people would be good at...I guess you could look into pro poker playing! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 08-24-2005, 08:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, I'm lazy as hell.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Obviously some things get you excited!
Old 08-24-2005, 08:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Where precisely did you make those 4k posts?

[/ QUOTE ]

He posts primarily in the STT forum.
Old 08-24-2005, 09:16 PM

zzzz...

Well, I guess I exaggerated my laziness. When I want to get something done, I do it, but my parents/teachers can have a really hard time making me do something I really don't want to do.
Old 08-25-2005, 01:19 AM

College is great! I hated high school, but I think you will find you will like college a real lot.

HMMM Accounting.. don't really have to talk to many people (usually). No physical labor suits the laziness if that's what you mean. You can space out pretty much when you want.

I can't do the customer service thing I don't think. Gotta be at the top of your game ideally at times specified by others. With accounting, you pick your spots [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-25-2005, 08:27 PM

I have a feeling you will struggle in college unless you change your attitude. You're gonna have to find SOME motivation to continue doing well in college.
Old 08-25-2005, 09:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Meh, I don't know why I'm posting this on an internet forum, but the people here are all older than me, and hopefully, wiser, and also are a lot like me in temperament and the way they think.

Here's my situation right now:
Going to be an HS Senior who's probably going to graduate and finish up his degree.
Personally very interested in game-playing in general, and how to maximize stuff, basic economics, etc.
I'm also introverted, and a bit obsessive, and I'd like to improve my social skills. Also, I'm lazy as hell.
Personally, I'm quite well off, and I can get into a good college pretty easily, though not a great one.

I'm going to be applying for college in a few months, and I kinda need direction on where I should go, what I should do, and if there are any things besides college that I would really enjoy.

Any advice would be very helpful.

[/ QUOTE ]

After high school, take a year or two off and work for a living for a while then go to school. You'll appreciate school more and do better as a result.

And by work for a living, I mean at a real job, not poker.