Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments

Old 11-29-2005, 03:36 PM

Default Re: OT: Excerpted by Citanul: Proving I\'m not a bot

[ QUOTE ]

Regardless, the one clue that I still can't resolve in my mind is, who plays the $22s and $33s with the type of returns this guy must be earning, and still leaves $15,000 in the account? My hunch is that it's someone who isn't worried about the status of his account, and/or a really foolish individual.

[/ QUOTE ]

In Oct, he and his buddy played ~3000 20+2s, and with 20% ROI (OP and his buddy "bmx" are both solid), they made $15K, and got caught when they tried to cashed out early Nov.

Not sure about Party's policy on two persons sharing one account (Stars is ok with it, right?), and I think if Party does not have solid bot evidence, they probably should let them keep the money, and, depending on Party's policy, they may or may not get the $5k for the 1st in the leader board.

bmx is a regular on stars turbos, and I doubt they have a bot capable to have 20% ROI (if so, why does he keep grinding on $25+2 [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img])
Old 11-29-2005, 03:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
is it possible that they are using a different method for these popups than their standard popups, and that these popups are like, capable of being killed by popup stopping programs? and that they are getting stopped for people who aren't seeing them?

c

[/ QUOTE ]

This concerns me as well. I really don't want an account locked because my spyware/popup utility is blocking something from Party. Can't they take a screen shot to verify the popup?
Old 11-29-2005, 04:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]

***** Hand History for Game 3051270985 *****
30/60 Tourney Texas Hold'em Game Table (NL) (Tournament 17496995) - Thu Nov 17 18:42:31 EST 2005
Table Table 67923 (Real Money) -- Seat 2 is the button
Total number of players : 9
Seat 2: spilly1000 (1030)
Seat 3: BILLFILLMAF1 (745)
Seat 4: juicyv_gina (775)
Seat 5: alexanderj1 (1020)
Seat 6: scottyboy727 (745)
Seat 7: drews51 (865)
Seat 8: chukcz (1480)
Seat 9: velimirovic (485)
Seat 10: F_Lindeman (855)
BILLFILLMAF1 posts small blind (15)
juicyv_gina posts big blind (30)
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to BILLFILLMAF1 [ 8h, 4d ]
alexanderj1 calls (30)
scottyboy727 calls (30)
drews51 folds.
chukcz folds.
velimirovic folds.
F_Lindeman folds.
spilly1000 raises (100) to 100
BILLFILLMAF1 folds.
juicyv_gina calls (70)
alexanderj1 folds.
scottyboy727 calls (70)
** Dealing Flop ** : [ 5s, 7s, Ks ]
juicyv_gina checks.
scottyboy727 checks.
spilly1000 bets (130)
juicyv_gina raises (675) to 675
juicyv_gina is all-In.
scottyboy727 folds.
spilly1000 folds.
Creating Main Pot with $1150 with juicyv_gina
** Summary **
Main Pot: 1150
Board: [ 5s 7s Ks ]
spilly1000 balance 800, lost 230 (folded)
BILLFILLMAF1 balance 730, lost 15 (folded)
juicyv_gina balance 1150, bet 775, collected 1150, net +375
alexanderj1 balance 990, lost 30 (folded)
scottyboy727 balance 645, lost 100 (folded)
drews51 balance 865, didn't bet (folded)
chukcz balance 1480, didn't bet (folded)
velimirovic balance 485, didn't bet (folded)
F_Lindeman balance 855, didn't bet (folded)

[/ QUOTE ]

This is not an odd play at all with either AK or JJ if you were positive that villain is a LAG, disagree anyone?

Thing is, a bot could be programmed, without _THAT_ much effort, to detect LAGs using very availible information in PT and try for a check raise when this kind of situation arises. A check-raise with JJ or AK would be a pretty damn good choice of play here against a LAG, disagree anyone?

Only reason this may seem odd is because it isn't your standard play. Why isn't it your standard play? Probably because you play 4+ tables and you just can't remember who are LAGs and who are not while facing 30+ opponents. A bot would have no problem with this.
Old 11-29-2005, 04:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]

In Oct, he and his buddy played ~3000 20+2s, and with 20% ROI (OP and his buddy "bmx" are both solid), they made $15K, and got caught when they tried to cashed out early Nov.

Not sure about Party's policy on two persons sharing one account (Stars is ok with it, right?), and I think if Party does not have solid bot evidence, they probably should let them keep the money, and, depending on Party's policy, they may or may not get the $5k for the 1st in the leader board.

bmx is a regular on stars turbos, and I doubt they have a bot capable to have 20% ROI (if so, why does he keep grinding on $25+2 [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img])

[/ QUOTE ]

The fact that they teamed up is perhaps the strongest evidence that he didn't use a bot. Why share the $5k if he has a bot that enables him to play absurd hours?

Don't know if Party will be that impressed with that argument though.
Old 11-29-2005, 05:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The fact that they teamed up is perhaps the strongest evidence that he didn't use a bot. Why share the $5k if he has a bot that enables him to play absurd hours?

Don't know if Party will be that impressed with that argument though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just to update this post the leaderboard was worth $1500 last month not 5k as stated a few times. November was the first month the leaderboards top ranking was worth 5k.
Old 11-29-2005, 06:05 PM

I have only seen them in ring games, and I play about 85-90% of my table-hours on SNG's. It was also the very first four tables in the very first session with my new Party account and then never again after that.
Old 11-29-2005, 06:10 PM

Default Re: OT: HOW can i prove i\'m not a BOT???

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Who would possibly dedicate so much time to poker as to play 3000 22 sngs at the same level without ever moving up?

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I've done that many at the $11's.... So I'm either a bot or I suck. Makes me wish I was a bot.
Old 11-30-2005, 04:42 PM

Hi guys, I've been out of town for a week now and just read through this thread and thought I should respond to some of it. First of all, unreal_nh and I set up an account named juicyv_gina (you guys still like the name right?) and decided to both play on it and take a shot at the leaderboard which then awarded just $1500 and also the shot at 1000 weekly in the clash of the titans. Whether or not this is unethical, I'm not sure of and I suppose you could debate that, but we have let Party know that we both played on the account and they have not said anything specifically about that being wrong, against their policy, or the reason for our accounts being shut down.

We did play a mad number of SNG's. I played a few more than unreal_nh, 10-tabling continuously, a couple times even playing over 150 in a day. I played over 2000 in October and believe it or not, actually took like 7 days off totally. I played all 22's in October and the reason I didn't move up was because everytime I felt prepared to move up, I would have a bad downswing which hurt my confidence and would then decide to play more 22's until I was again ready. In November, I did finally move up to the 33's and started out pretty hot.

The reason we had 15K sitting in the account is basically because we both had money sitting around from previous months' profits and didnt really need to cash out although I admit it was probably dumb to have that much sitting there.

Now, the important part--neither one of us have ever programmed, bought, owned, used, or been associated with a bot. I really would have no idea how to even do it and have never had any desire to.

As far as the pop-ups, here's the thing--I got like 3 or 4 the first day Party started using them. After that, I NEVER saw one and am fairly certain Party is straight up lying about that. If you could hear the conversations we've had with them, you too would know that they are the ones being shady. They are inconsistent with what they tell us, they are unable to tell us any details of their "investigation" and repeatedly deny us most of the information we ask for and always tell us to call back in 6 or 12 or 24 hours. There have been two people that we have been dealing with and for working for an online poker company, they seem to have minimal knowledge of either poker or computers.

The thing they keep coming back to is that they "know" we have been using a "banned program" which uses AI and plays for us, but they can't tell us what the program is called, any details of how it works, or how they "know". I finally got them to agree to send a list of "banned programs" but of course, havent received it yet after two days. So far, it seems that everytime we cooperate by answering questions, explaining how we play (and how un-bot like it is), taking pictures of the computers and different screenshots, they either ignore our answer or say it isn't a "reasonable" answer.

Sorry for rambling but thought I should get facts out instead of speculation. In conlusion, we are not bots, we worked hard for our money, Party is full of idiots and [censored], I'm pissed, I don't know what we're gonna do next, but we're gonna do something, thank you.
Old 11-30-2005, 04:56 PM

i think your party name is inappropriate
Old 11-30-2005, 07:15 PM

Well...if you are interested in a new, better business venture, you should Buy Socom 3 and play like mad, to aquire the necessary skills...then go to Gibralter and use your new Navy Seal skills to kill those bastards that are hiding their fake evidence about your account and the use of a bot...I know that you aren't a bot, because I am the bot master and I have not given your premission to use such a bot or to program a bot and use it...Party is however, in fault for using the word "Bot" with regard to onlining gaming. I hold all rights to the word and am quite offended that a company would use my property to falsely accuse these players. Party should just come to terms with their insecurities with there own personal programming flaws and just realize they can never defeat me...I WILL REIGN TERROR on the $5 tables until they click the [censored] pop ups and they [censored] send me screenshots and pictures of their [censored] equipment.