Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-14-2005, 08:32 AM

Default Re: Simple flop question

couple things imo.

---a bet out faces UTG with a crap situation w/ a pfr behind him, and ace being on the flop. Button in this hand could put u on a draw, if he respects u he may think u are betting a weak ace to generate some action. or maybe mid pair.

---Also w/ a bet out, most likely even if button didnt hit this flop, hes almost always peeling, expecting a check maybe 30-50 percent of the time possibly. He will likely fold to a follow up bet.

---If u bet and UTG folds, BTN may try to go for a cheap showdown by raising flop and betting or checking turn (checking a decent amount w/ an unmade hand...but possibly betting to pressure a possible mid-pair...which would probably be unlikely, I dont think he thinks you are folding much)...so even if your bet does not pick up the pot, u do get to draw super cheap a percentage of the time.

Check-raising could net u the pot possibly, but u also have to account for the times BTN calls and pops turn, 3bets flop and bets turn..etc. BTN is almost never folding the flop to a CR, he's probably peeling a good amount.

--------------------------------------------------------

I had more to add on the C/Ring part but Im falling asleep here so I pretty much forgot what I was going to say. I think the most important thing is your image. Do u look like a lag/donk/tag/kicker-of-ass this session, etc. I think that goes a long way towards giving u your answer. If u have been check-raising all your draws, bet out. If u have been betting/donking more draws then c/r. Mix it up, give him whatever line makes him more afraid u have a hand.