Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-07-2005, 02:09 AM

Default Is this all your money every time?

$25 PLO8

Primary villain minraises to .50 every single hand. I repeat, every single hand. He bets with anything and has given up 4 buyins already. And example (villain minraises, another player raises pot... villain calls. Flop comes 234 rainbow, villain bets half pot, PFR raises pot, villain goes all in, PFR calls... PFR has the wheel, villain has an A4)

Villain has ~$20
I have ~$60 and have the table covered

3-4 limpers to hero in BB with 5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] - hero limps

Villain in BB minraises to .50. Everyone calls

FLOP (~$3) 2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Villain bets the pot, 1 caller, hero? (I pushed, but wasn't sure it that was the right move)
Old 10-07-2005, 02:27 AM

Default Re: Is this all your money every time?

Addition: I'd like to ask for two analysis, ie... I felt right about playing this against this particular player because he was giving away money left and right. Would I play this hand differently if the table had better players?

(In this case, I wasn't worried about the other caller because if he had a made hand, he definitely would have raised the maniac... there was no need to slowplay because the maniac would call anything.)
Old 10-07-2005, 09:49 AM

Generally I am wary of getting a lot of money into the pot early with a straight, especially when I am only playing for half the pot. About the only thing you know about a hand like yours on the flop is that if you get called, at BEST you are probably getting half of the pot. Against a field of players a pot bet has the likely effect of isolating you against the nut low-- who if he has any two suited cards or hearts, diamonds or clubs, which is not unlikely, he is now free-rolling you. There is also a decent chance of a better low than you having 2 pair and free-rolling you that way. So generally I will play a hand like this passively, and get away cheaply if there is any trouble. Seldom does this hand turn into a big pot in your favor unless 2 people have A5 and your straight holds up.

Now in the present situation you describe, I am not sure I totally understand your position in this hand, it appears you are on the button, and there are two players who have shown weakness. I don't see anything with trying to take the whole thing down. I think your odds against villian are favorable, with a straight and the 3rd low, so even if one of them calls I think you are still probably ok.
Old 10-07-2005, 10:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Now in the present situation you describe, I am not sure I totally understand your position in this hand, it appears you are on the button, and there are two players who have shown weakness. I don't see anything with trying to take the whole thing down. I think your odds against villian are favorable, with a straight and the 3rd low, so even if one of them calls I think you are still probably ok.

[/ QUOTE ]

Please note.. I wrote the hand out wrong and realized it as I was going to sleep. I reposted it as "corrected hand" above.

And you are right, I was on the button. (can't believe I forgot to note that info... it was very late)

You may think worse of my play when you see it reposted!
Old 10-07-2005, 01:10 PM

If you were the Button pre-flop instead of the BB, then this is the easiest fold ever. This is one of the worst hands in 0/8.

But on the flop, I cant imagine laying this down. I cant blame you for pushing this.