Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 12-26-2005, 09:16 PM

Default Re: Cleaning lady steals from me -- can I go to the cops?

I appreciate everyone's responses. Except the guy who called me a rich [censored]. I am a poor, dirty [censored]. Which is why I need a cleaning lady. So he can go [censored] himself.

To clarify a few things:

1. We did not seek out to hire an illegal, and I don't have any reason to believe that she's an illegal. She's from Portugal. My fear is only that maybe I was supposed to do some sort of check before giving her any money, and I didn't want to get in trouble for not doing it if it turned out she was illegal. I have yet to meet an American cleaning lady in New Jersey. If you know one, tell her to PM me.

2. This happened several months ago. We told her to give us back the cash she stole plus the gift card. This is why I say that "every month" we find something else missing. It's been about 3 months. We terminated her 3 months ago, immediately upon finding out that she stole from us. We didn't have any idea of the magnitude until, like, this week, as more things turn up missing.

3. Proof -- I am pretty confident we can prove that she stole more than $100. Even if it boils down to her word against mine and my wife's, I like our chances. She's an admitted thief. Aside from a minor brush with the law that involved being caught in a local park with a penis enlarger, a tube of Astroglide lubricant, and a pekingese named "Toots Sweet", my background is clean.

4. I am going to the cops. Looks like it's just a time investment, and that I don't have anything to worry about on my end. I will seek the death penalty.
Old 12-26-2005, 09:26 PM

Everybody's saying you only have proof that she only stole $1k. Don't you have enough information to get the police to search her house, and possibly find your wife's clothes/jewelery/whateer?
Old 12-26-2005, 09:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Everybody's saying you only have proof that she only stole $1k. Don't you have enough information to get the police to search her house, and possibly find your wife's clothes/jewelery/whateer?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I wasn't going to bog this thread down with the minutae, but we're pretty sure we know where my wife's clothes went. They would find them; hell she'd probably give them up herself after the cops show at her house.
Old 12-26-2005, 09:39 PM

At the very least, you did fire her, right?
Old 12-26-2005, 11:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The thing is the cops won't do [censored]; they have more pressing matters than to search for clothing and [censored] like that. Yeah, it sucks what happened and it's important to him, but the cops don't give a [censored].

A friend of mine had his car stolen once and filed a report. Two days later my friend found his car, (apparently taken for a joyride, but they stole his stereo and speakers), and he called the cops again.

Cops come down and dusts the outside and inside of his car for prints and make a match with the computer. Cops say they won't go after them because the stereo is pawned most likely, and they don't want to nab them for something small (gangbangers) like this; they are waiting for when they do something serious and then they will add gta to the list of offences. Sounds pretty [censored] up to me, but hey….

To add insult to injury, the fingerprint dust totally [censored] up the finish and paint of his car.
Old 12-27-2005, 12:15 AM

At least be consistent. Since you obviously take the law very lightly, you can't now try to use the law as your ally. You live by the law, you die by the law - so be consistent. Shoot her.
Old 12-27-2005, 12:18 AM

Cops often do seem amazingly useless.
Old 12-27-2005, 01:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I am going to the cops.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good Luck. Unless you know where she lives I doubt that they are going to try and hunt her down.
Old 12-27-2005, 12:47 PM

Upon further thought, I think you should take her ass to Judge Judy.
Old 12-27-2005, 08:27 PM

Cut off her hands.