Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling

Old 12-23-2005, 08:43 PM

Default PPM cruise package

I won a package a little while ago and thought it was for 2 people but just talked to a buddy who said he was pretty sure it was for 4. Anyone have any confirmation one way or the other?
Old 12-23-2005, 08:45 PM

Default Re: PPM cruise package

I'm nearly positive it's just for 2, unless they changed it form last year.
Old 12-23-2005, 08:48 PM

Confirmed: 2

Win a fabulous PartyPoker.com Million V package containing:

* Entry into the tournament worth $10,200
* 1 week on a luxury cruise for two
* $800 spending money

The total package is worth $13,500!!
Old 12-23-2005, 09:15 PM

Last year you could upgrade to 4, i think each extra person was ~500.
Old 12-23-2005, 11:24 PM

Oh - cool. I take it those 2 people u could upgrade to were just to go on the cruise, and not necessarily any tourney entry fees...were there a lot of side games going at all hrs on the cruise? i.e. is it worth going on even if you're not playing in the big event?

(BTW, there should be federal legislation against LIMIT hold'em tournaments -- friggin' retarded. and i'm a big LHE player. But for tournies, it blows)
Old 12-23-2005, 11:33 PM

there were lots of people there who did not play in the main tourney....just like on a regular 'card-player' cruise (with a lot more players).

the side-game action was pretty big and plentiful.

5 a.m. for some 40/80 or higher?? Probably not a problem (although it might be kind of short-handed by then).

For B-kick I have to believe there would be plenty of 100/200 and higher action but I honestly wasn't looking.

When the tournament wasn't taking place there were 60 tables in the main poker playing room and it was pretty hopping in there.

Some of the people on the cruise spent WAY too much time in the poker-room and not nearly as much time enjoying everything else there was to enjoy.

For small-timers like me there's a ton of 3/6, 6/12 and 10/20 action taking place.

NL ring-game action too of course.

However, there is no poker allowed when the ship is docked at port.
So on Tuesday when we pulled into Mazatlan at 6am or so they had to close the whole room down...and couldn't re-open it until the boat pulled away again at 5pm.

This only happens on Tuesday and Wednesday. The ship only makes two stops. (Jamaica and Cayman Isls. this year).

I can also confirm that the cruise last year was for 2 people...but $500 for each additional person.
Some people brought their families and were there with their kids...but obviously there weren't THAT many kids on board.

congrats again to bicyclekick...hope to see you there.
it's a really awesome time.
Old 12-24-2005, 01:48 AM

I think it may be $600 for each additional person, but what does this money get you? I too will be on the cruise and was wondering what the extra people will be entitled too for this price. An extra cabin and unlimited food and non-alcoholic beverages? Thanks for any replies. I've tried emailing Party Poker Events and have not gotten an answer.
Old 12-24-2005, 02:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think it may be $600 for each additional person, but what does this money get you? I too will be on the cruise and was wondering what the extra people will be entitled too for this price. An extra cabin and unlimited food and non-alcoholic beverages? Thanks for any replies. I've tried emailing Party Poker Events and have not gotten an answer.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can you buy your way onto this cruise without buying into the main event? I'd love to go just to meet a bunch of 2+2'ers and play the side games. Plus, $600 is a pretty good deal for a cruise.
Old 12-24-2005, 03:23 AM

I know you have to be 21 to play in the main tournament, but can 18+ play in the side games?
Old 12-24-2005, 03:47 AM

no idea. some of these Q's would be better asked of party.

i don't think the extra $600 gets you an extra cabin.

they're bunking with you i'm pretty sure. think this is mostly for GF's and families and stuff.

you get the food and all the fun cruise stuff...and you can play in the cash-game action if you like (no idea if it's 18 or 21)

they do sell spots just for the cruise only...but they might be sold-out by now.

go to cardplayercruise.com and check/email/ask