Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments

Old 12-07-2005, 01:07 AM

Default 22$; three hands for inspection

hand 1:

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t15 (9 handed) converter

Hero (t775)
MP3 (t775)
CO (t675)
Button (t920)
SB (t785)
BB (t800)
UTG (t805)
UTG+1 (t800)
MP1 (t1665)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t50</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, SB calls t40, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: (t112.50) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets t75</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero??? </font>

villian is 2+2 multitabler and he knows im 2p2 as well. what do you think his calling range is preflop? what do you think of his flop bet?

hand 2:

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t50 (8 handed) converter

UTG (t730)
UTG+1 (t685)
MP1 (t920)
MP2 (t495)
CO (t2660)
Button (t725)
Hero (t745)
BB (t1040)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls t50, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (t150) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets t75</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t175</font>, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises to t300</font>, Hero calls t125.

Turn: (t750) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font> <font color="blue"> HERO POOOSHES!!! </font>

no reads; how badly did i botch this one??

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t50 (6 handed) converter

MP (t1370)
CO (t970)
Button (t1305)
SB (t1980)
Hero (t745)
UTG (t1630)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to t100</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, SB calls t75, Hero calls t50.

Flop: (t300) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets t50</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises to t100</font>, Hero?????

no reads again.

as always, any thoughts appreciated [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img].
Old 12-07-2005, 01:10 AM

Default Re: 22$; three hands for inspection

Hand 1 I fold (after raising more preflop [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]), hand 2 I push, hand 3 I check-raise all in.
Old 12-07-2005, 01:25 AM

Hand #1: Raise more preflop. You are giving pocket pairs like 66 too good implied odds. If the flop comes 863r, you get stacked with kings for just 50 chips preflop.
If you think he always would bet this flop without an ace to scare you out then you might minraise. Otherwise fold.

Hand #2: I don't like the turn push. Either push the flop after his reraise or check-call down. You are way ahead or way behind unless he has an unlikely Ah8h. He will call your turn-push only if he is ahead of you and fold if he is behind.

Hand #3: Pooosh
Old 12-07-2005, 01:40 AM

The funniest thing to me was Hand 2, where you just called the flop and then pushed the turn when a scare card fell. That's didn't make any sense. The only reason to just call the flop is to trap your opponent, by letting him continue to lead. You have the perfect opportunity to do so when a 9 falls, because this gives him a great bluffing opportunity. The way you played it, you get called when you're behind and nothing when you're ahead.

An alternative to Hand 1 would be to call the flop and see what he does on the turn. If he was just pretending to have and Ace, or he has a weak Ace, he might stop on the turn. This play is better against a better player, who can figure out that your check on the flop means strength and not weakness. I'm mentioning this line because you said your opponent is a 2+2 er, who's thinking has a good chance of being "My opponent raised probably with a pair or a big Ace. I'll represent having an Ace, and see if he folds." When you check, if he doesn't have an Ace, he should fear you're trapping him and slow down. If he checks the turn, you should be able to bet at take it down.

The problem I see with this is that the most likely hands that he would call you with are hands with an Ace or a medium pair (a big pair would probably re-raise; your raise wasn't very big), so calling is risky. (Actually your raise was small enough that a small pair might call too.)

Anyway, just another line to mention. Folding seems best.
Old 12-07-2005, 02:41 AM

thanks for the thoughts, guys.

[ QUOTE ]
Hand #1: Raise more preflop. You are giving pocket pairs like 66 too good implied odds. If the flop comes 863r, you get stacked with kings for just 50 chips preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 1 I fold (after raising more preflop )

[/ QUOTE ]

meh, debatable, i think. im not a big fan of raising big with my premium hands b/c i think im losing value. leaky?? maybe.

[ QUOTE ]
The funniest thing to me was Hand 2, where you just called the flop and then pushed the turn when a scare card fell. That's didn't make any sense. The only reason to just call the flop is to trap your opponent, by letting him continue to lead. You have the perfect opportunity to do so when a 9 falls, because this gives him a great bluffing opportunity. The way you played it, you get called when you're behind and nothing when you're ahead.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, nice analysis. i felt the same way after discovering this hand in my HH and i though id make it public how donkylicious i played it so id remember it well.

on hand 1, i could see him with AQ, 77, or another midpair. i thought he would check raise with Ak. 77 i thought he might bet out in hopes i had an ace and raised.

i was really uncertain what to do. i ended up raising to 175 and he put me allin. pwned again, lol.

[/catharsis]
Old 12-07-2005, 08:07 AM

Hand 2 I need a very compelling reason not to push pf.
Hand 3 I often would push pf as well. But without reads your line is fine-ish