Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 11-22-2005, 01:48 AM

Default Re: NYC - New Years Eve Suggestions

agree 100%
Old 11-22-2005, 01:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
My suggestion would be to stay far away from NYC. You spend 5X the amount of money you'd spend any other night out. Plus, everywhere you go is way too crowded (were talking nuts-to-butts), and its impossible to find cabs and cram into subways. Its a nightmare.

My optimal NYE is renting a house in the woods somewhere, and having a party with a bunch of good friends. People get wasted and everyone can get all corny and sentimental at 12 AM without some douche with too much gel in his hair spilling a apple martini all over you.

EDIT: To say that going to see the ball drop in person is quite possibly one of the worst choices you can make, ever. Id rather have a root canal. Honestly.

[/ QUOTE ]

This man is correct. BTW, I tried that burrito joint. It was awesome. Myself and my roomie thank you.
Old 11-22-2005, 08:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I didn't check out the site you linked but if you go to NYC for New Year's, and expect it to be a once in a lifetime thing, then make sure you're around the ball drop.

[/ QUOTE ]

My friends and I are more worried about getting blitzed than we are about standing outside in the cold for hours just to see some ball drop. NYC just seems like a cool meeting grounds since Pittsburgh is so damn lame.

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you mean blitzed? If you mean like a bunch of terrorists are going to blitz you and your friends, well, there's nothing you can do to avoid that other than not being there. If you mean the weather, well, you're from Pittsburgh so it shouldn't be a problem. If you mean people, there's going to be tons of people everywhere in NYC at that time especially.

[/ QUOTE ]

I mean blitzed as in getting drunk as hell.