Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-11-2005, 08:06 PM

Default Re: But I have the button! I have to bet the flop!

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Dealt to Ribbo [ Ac As 8s 5c ]
** Dealing Flop ** [ 5s, Tc, Jd ]
Ribbo checks.
Ellicious bets [$65].
Ribbo calls [$65].

[/ QUOTE ]

Can you explain this OOP raise with AA5x followed by a check-call(pot) on a 2-high flop. I am very confused by this line.

[/ QUOTE ]

Because i'm a better player than you? I get dealt double suited aces and you think simply because i'm out of position I shouldn't raise? Eh? That's a great flop for me, because it clearly should have missed the other players.
People love betting their button with nothing, because they fully expect to get a free card on the turn if someone calls. I will call if I think i'm ahead, and then if i think i'm still ahead on the turn will always bet into them if it means all-in .

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't think you shouldn't raise. I likely would have bet the pot on that flop. I think your line might be better (although if the flop hit somebody, it will cost you your whole stack to see since you are pushing the turn, whereas it only costs me my flop bet to see, although I risk winning less if I'm ahead). Just trying to figure out what you were thinking on it. Thanks.
Old 11-11-2005, 08:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you think there is only one way of playing a certain hand then you need to stop playing. My actions depend on plenty of factors, like my notes on other players, what they think I have etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

Chill a bit. I didn't think there was one way to play it. You said it depends on a lot of factors. I agree and was just looking for you to expand upon the factors you considered when deciding on that line. For example, if you had a read that the button was the type to bet any flop checked to him (which it sounds like was the case), that is an important detail to leave out.
Old 11-11-2005, 08:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If you think there is only one way of playing a certain hand then you need to stop playing. My actions depend on plenty of factors, like my notes on other players, what they think I have etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

Chill a bit. I didn't think there was one way to play it. You said it depends on a lot of factors. I agree and was just looking for you to expand upon the factors you considered when deciding on that line. For example, if you had a read that the button was the type to bet any flop checked to him (which it sounds like was the case), that is an important detail to leave out.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think most people on the button are like that. They look at their hand, notice that if certain cards hit they will win and somehow think this means they can "value bet" their gutshot no pair. They somehow think they will get a free card on the turn if they miss, plus they end up betting anyway because "its obvious" no one else has anything since they all checked. They then get check raised all in and "have value" to call since so much money is in, they miss and lose all their money with their no pair gutshot draw the whole time because "they had value". Give people the button and they turn into idiots.
On a similar note put people out of position and they turn into weak tight players who can't even raise double suited aces preflop! remind you of anyone?
Old 11-11-2005, 08:23 PM

Default Re: But I have the button! I have to bet the flop! *DELETED*

It's time for RawBabies to grow up and become a RawMan!!
Old 11-11-2005, 09:58 PM

Post deleted by beset
Old 11-11-2005, 10:56 PM

Post deleted by beset
Old 11-11-2005, 11:40 PM

Default Re: Full Moon? PMS???

Gawd, what is wrong with everyone this week!?! Is there a full moon? Does everyone except me have PMS???

Stop with the abusive posts! Stop cursing at each other, stop name calling, stop posting explicit pics, just stop being such creeps to each other and give me a break.

I've always been so proud of this forum, but now you're acting like the other forums, like WPT and OOT. Do you really want that kind of moderator? Curse once and you're banned, call a pro a name and your out?

I've been way more tolerant than Mat would ever be, but you're going to have to start acting like adults or I will start treating you like children.
Old 11-12-2005, 12:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Dealt to Ribbo [ Ac As 8s 5c ]
** Dealing Flop ** [ 5s, Tc, Jd ]
Ribbo checks.
Ellicious bets [$65].
Ribbo calls [$65].

[/ QUOTE ]

Can you explain this OOP raise with AA5x followed by a check-call(pot) on a 2-high flop. I am very confused by this line.

[/ QUOTE ]

Because i'm a better player than you? I get dealt double suited aces and you think simply because i'm out of position I shouldn't raise? Eh? That's a great flop for me, because it clearly should have missed the other players.
People love betting their button with nothing, because they fully expect to get a free card on the turn if someone calls. I will call if I think i'm ahead, and then if i think i'm still ahead on the turn will always bet into them if it means all-in .

[/ QUOTE ]

dont post if you want your [censored] stroked.
Old 11-12-2005, 12:24 AM

Ribbo,

Yours was a zero content post, so why get upset when Wintermute replies in kind? Your OP was basically "OMG look at what this fish called me with!!!" Then when someone tries to ask a general strategy question about raising AAss OOP, you respond:

[ QUOTE ]
Because i'm a better player than you?

[/ QUOTE ]

You later went back to edit it after someone pulled you up.

[ QUOTE ]
It's no wonder why I created my own forum and charged a membership fee.

[/ QUOTE ]

You created the forum because you get rakeback(20-30% of their rake contributions over the life of a person's account) which is incredibly profitable for you. You won't accept cash payments for membership, they MUST sign up at a poker site using your bonus codes. So don't get high and mighty, it has nothing to do with keeping idiots out, and everything to do with your wallet. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-12-2005, 12:27 AM

Ribbo is basically a troll from what I have seen and adds nothing to this forum, certainly less than Paul Phillips added to the site.