Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-24-2005, 01:06 PM

Default sorry sir your tricks will not work on me

5/10 6max... button has been reraising preflop a lot though last time he did show down AA. something tells me it isn't AA every time though. he has 3500 seems to be bullying the table effectively.

Hero SB with T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] effective stacks 1100

UTG minraises to 20, Button raises to 80. Hero calls in SB everyone else folds.

Flop (190): T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Hero leads 125, Button calls.

Turn (440): 3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Hero checks, Button bets 280, Hero calls.

River (1000): 5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Hero checks
Old 10-24-2005, 01:10 PM

Default Re: sorry sir your tricks will not work on me

Looks good to me. You may lose some value against an overpair, but that value is going to be more than made up for by the value gained from bluffs where he would have just folded had you led. And he may bluff big. And he may bet and call a check/raise with an overpair.
Old 10-24-2005, 01:11 PM

I like. He proably called to bluff you off on the turn, which didnt work,but in his head he may convince himself a big bet here will blow you off a T. Leading into him makes you nothing as he probably has nothing. I doubt he checks behind, becuase he has nothing to check behind and you tend to play your big hands fast. If he knows this he wont put you on an 8. (or a set). Hope it worked out.
Old 10-24-2005, 01:17 PM

realize i only have 600 left in my stack. granted i think he usually has nothing here, but for 600 into a 1000 will he bluff his nothing often enough to compensate for when he checks behind with JJ/QQ/any T?
Old 10-24-2005, 01:19 PM

Preflop is tough in my opinion since there is a good chance that UTG wanted to get raised by button and can pop this again. Also will be tough to play this hand if UTG calls and it comes all unders.

The rest looks pretty good. Tough to put him on a hand but I think any hand that will call a river push will bet the river and be committed to your reraise.
Old 10-24-2005, 01:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
realize i only have 600 left in my stack.

[/ QUOTE ]
Too much attention to the 3500, not enough to the 1100, sorry. But I still like it. 600 should be enough that he should think he has some fold equity. Given stacks, though, I might have led small on turn and hoped for him to raise to take it away rather than this line.
Old 10-24-2005, 01:29 PM

Very nice play considering your stack size/read on opponent.

Hopefully it worked out for you like it should have.

nh.
Old 10-24-2005, 01:30 PM

if hes a good lag he wont be checking behind an overpair, you've played it like a stubborn T that just wants to get to showdown. I would certainly be betting QQ/JJ here on the river if I was him, and may bet big with a bluff if I can't beat a T.

So overall, I like it.
Old 10-24-2005, 01:35 PM

meh i sort of think i played it like 99 JJ or QQ... what random T calls 80 preflop from SB?

twp, i was thinking about that too... during hand i failed to consider stack sizes, i think maybe weak lead turn/hope he pushes is better. if we're 1500 or deeper i think my line is perfect because i think any callable hand is a value bettable hand the passive way i played, plus he will for sure shove on a bluff if it is pot sized.
Old 10-24-2005, 01:53 PM

i like weak leading the turn and hope he raises so you can push but your line looks good too. well played.